Monday, July 15, 2024

Monday, 7/15/24, Happy 16th Birthday Jack! We love you!




Happy Birthday Jack!  You are a kindhearted, caring and wonderful grandson!  We love you so much!


Bill, Max, Melissa, Jack and me enjoying concrete mixers at Culver’s for Jack’s 16th Birthday
Fun time!
Jack was pretty excited to show me the new bike he got.  I’m so happy for him.  
Jack was so happy that Eli could come spend the night 


There was a thunderstorm early in the morning.  Lots of thunder and lightening.  It woke me up which doesn’t usually happen.  We went to visit Charlie and Sue this morning.  Bill went in to see Charlie who was lying down in his room, and I sat and talked to Sue.  He hasn’t wanted any company so we were very thankful when he said he wanted Bill to come and I could come too.  The guys talked for quite a while, then Bill anointed Charlie with oil and prayed for him.  Bill came out and visited with Sue and I for a while, then we left.  

I took some watermelon to Melissa’s and Jack came out right away to greet me.  I hadn’t looked at the date because my mind was on Charlie and Sue, so when I got in the house Melissa asked me if I remembered it was Jack’s Birthday.  He came in the door right then and I gave him a big birthday hug and told him Happy Birthday.  I asked them if they wanted to go to Culver’s for Concrete Mixers, and they all said yes, so I called Bill to see if he wanted to meet us there and he said yes.  We had fun and enjoyed our ice cream.  Melissa and I got the flavor of the day, Caramel Cashew.  It’s the first time I’ve gotten something different than my usual.  It was delicious.  So happy to get to spend time with Jack on his special day.....especially his 16th!!!

I dropped my friend, Lisa’s, birthday gift off at her house, then took a mattress topper I got for the camper to UPS to return it to Amazon.   I also picked up a card for Pastor Jeff’s retirement celebration next Sunday.

It was another hot 80 plus degree day.  Very humid too.  So thankful for air conditioning. 
 
These are pictures Vikki took of Vacation Bible School when she worked there tonight:  Some are of the kids helping during the day.  They are having so much fun!











No comments: