Tuesday, January 16, 2018

1/16/18...Went to Bill's appointment in Detroit for his knee. Isaac had to go to the dr. Small Group

It was so beautiful out with the frost on the trees...It was foggy and misting out on our drive to Detroit

God's beauty is amazing

Add caption

Kim Reminder put this picture on our Small Group Facebook page and asked Bill if he knew anything about it.  There was no reply!  I wonder why?

Beautiful Hailey at her basketball game



I got up at 3:30 a.m. to get ready to go to Detroit.  I decided I could sleep for another half hour and still get ready on time so went back to bed.  Got up at about 10 to 4 and got ready, made our coffee, and got things ready for our small group tonight.  We usually stop at Tim Horton's, but we like our coffee so much out of our new Ninja Bar that we just wanted that.  We got on the road and prayed for a safe trip and good appointment.  Good driving until we got to Flint.  It was foggy and misting. Messy windows all the way.  There was really heavy traffic too.  We went about 20 miles an hour the rest of the way to Detroit.  It's a good thing we left extra early.  Pretty stressful driving for Bill, but he did great.  It was just getting light out when we got to Rochester.  We got to the hospital and went right to X-ray so Bill could have that done before his dr. appt.  They took him in right away and then we headed up to the doctor's office.  We got right in there too.  Bill got a great report that he doesn't need another knee surgery.  Nothing is loose and he said the pain should go away i time.  He wants to see him again in three months.  Thank you Lord!  We went to the store at the hospital and Bill got me a beautiful glittery butterfly that's glass and says, I believe in miracles on it. That was really sweet of him.  We were back on the road by 10:15.  It was much better driving home.  Not much traffic and not misting.  Being light out was nice too. We stopped in Birch Run and went to a thrift store in the outlets called, "The Secret Place"  We didn't find anything.  We went to the Cracker Barrel in Bridgeport after that.  Bill got chopped steak and I got their meatloaf special.  Bill got me a set of marble coasters for the family room.  We stopped and got gas at Kroger's in Bridgeport of 2.39.  When we got to Saginaw it was 2.59.  We stopped at Bill's favorite bakery and got donuts too.  YUM!  We got a message from Vikki on our way down to Detroit saying she was taking Isaac to the doctor because he was throwing up and had diarrhea.  We prayed for him right away.  The doctor said he had a sinus infection and that was making him cough hard and throw up.  She put him on an antibiotic. So thankful he didn't have the flu.  We had a good small group with 12 of us here.  Andrea brought delicious chili and crackers for snack.  She also brought plastic bowls for the chili.  I was just telling Vikki today that I love my shampooer, but I should have lent mine to Melissa because Vikki needs one more than me.  Then at small group, Bill was carrying a plastic bowl full of chili and the bowl bent and it flew into the dining room and all over the carpet.  I guess I sure do need my carpet cleaner.  What a mess!  Bill and I started scooping chili off the carpet with cardboard and then I got my shampooer out.  Andrea was spraying and pretreating the spots, Roy who is 81 was holding the cord and keeping it out of the way for me and moving a small table chili was under.  It wasn't long and my super shampooer had it all cleaned out and looking like new.  


No comments: