Wednesday, January 24, 2018

1/24/18...Walked at the SportsZone, Went to see the Greatest Showman with Melissa, Taught my class at church

All my sweeties in my class with their hairnets on and Miss Joan in her hairnet.  They wore them when they prepared their food

Each of them holding the plate of cut up bananas, cheese and crackers.  They had so much fun learning how to do this and learning how to measure dry ingredients. Miss Joan did a great job teaching them

Evan was excited and told his mom about the snack he made.  He told her on their way home that he was going to make her a snack.  He got home and got the stuff out by himself and made her the snack he learned to make
Evan, Peyton and Isaac...love having these 3 grandkids in my class


Mocha has found her favorite spot now...right by the fire
Got to the SportsZone at 7:37 and walked 3 miles.  It took me 47 minutes.  Came home and made oatmeal.  Did my lesson for tonight.  Bill and Charlie were going to see a war movie.  I have heard a lot of people say the move, The greatest Showman was very good so Melissa and I went to see it.

We had lots of laughs before the movie started...We both didn't care for the movie much.  We sure had a fun time together though.  Our biggest laugh was when we got our popcorn and drinks and the guy told us the movie was in theatre one.  I said, you said theatre one right and he said yes.  Melissa and I put White Cheddar on our popcorn because our hubbies don't like it and this was our chance.  We kept talking and walked into the theatre.  We commented on it being the first time we were the only ones in the theatre.  Melissa commented on how clean it was (that was until she spilled her popcorn).  I said it was funny there were no previews playing yet.  Eventually I looked at my fitbit and the time was 11:34.  The movie was supposed to have started at 11:30.  I told her we might be in the wrong theatre and we should check.  We did and theatre one was across the hall.  What a great laugh we had and what a great memory we made.  I took her home and came home for a while.  I went back to Melissa's house to watch Jack and Evan while she and Bruce took Max to his orthodontist appointment.  I practiced spelling words Melissa had written for each boy for the spelling bee try outs.  They did really good and learned the couple they had trouble with really fast. They were such good boys.  Once again I forgot to take a picture.  I took Evan with me to my house and got ready to go to our class at church.  Evan set up the table and chairs for me again.  He is such a great helper.  I had 11 kids in my class tonight.  The award tonight was for food preparation.  Miss Joan taught them how to measure sugar  and scrape the measuring spoon or cup with the flat side of a knife to make it level.  She also taught them how to use a plastic knife to cut up bananas and cheese.  Then we gave them some crackers and they took their plates to our classroom for a snack.  The kids loved making the snacks and were very happy to get to eat them.  Evan told Melissa he wanted to make her a snack when they got home so he cut up a banana and some cheese for her. He was so excited to tell her and show her what he learned.  Watched the news with Bill when I got home.  

No comments: