Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Tues., 3/9/21, The carpet was installed this morning, Vikki brought Peyton and Isaac over, Vikki and I put stuff back in room, Prayer with church prayer group

The carpet was installed this morning



 Furniture back in the room

Max with the guinea pig outside.  First time it was outside since bringing it home.
Evan
Jack going for a bike ride since it was so nice out...58 degrees
Hailey playing the guitar for me
Our own private little concert, Hailey, Max, Jack, Evan, me, (Melissa taking picture) Bruce was out, but left for a minute

Eli ready for his band concert.  He plays the clarinet.
The new auditorium was amazing Kimmy said and very comfy
 
Eli playing in his first concert. I borrowed these from Kimmy since only two people could go because of Covid.  I sure missed being there!


Got up early to take my shower, read my Bible and devotions, pray, make coffee and take the trash out before the carpet installers came.  They were supposed to be here at 9, but came at 20 after.  Vikki dropped Peyton and Isaac off.  It didn't take them long...2 hours and they were all finished with the carpet.  It looks nicer than I even expected it to look.  So beautiful. I did spelling with the kids, then reading.  We played 8 rounds of 3-13.  Will finish tomorrow.  I put a couple of things back in the room.  I talked to Kimmy, and she and the boys were going to come after school to help move the furniture back in today.  Eli had a concert, so the boys were going to stay with us and help while they went to the concert.  I told her I would take Eli home.  When Vikki got here, we were talking to Kimmy again and since Vikki was still tired and low on energy from her Covid vaccine, she was just going to put the frame of the bed together with me since she was the only one we knew knew for sure how to.  It didn't take long.  Then she wanted to put the box springs on, then the king size mattress.  Then we moved the dresser in, and then we just moved everything back in.  We also carried the two doors out to the shed so Bill could cut them down as they rubbed on the carpet pretty bad.  He used his new saw and cut them quickly and did a great job.  Vikki and I carried them back to the house and upstairs.  They were a little lighter because they had 1/4 inch cut off ha ha.  Bill hung those back on, then Vikki left to go home and do schoolwork with the kids.  It was nice that Kimmy didn't have to make a trip, but I sure was looking forward to seeing them.  I prayed with the intercessory prayer group at church.  They do zoom for those who want to and also in person.  It's pretty nice that we can all join together like that. Kimmy sent me a picture of the new auditorium Eli's concert was in.  It looks amazing.  Eli's was the first concert in it.  Only two could go per student.  Can't wait until we can go again.  I am waiting for a video from Kimmy.  I talked to her before I went to bed and she said he did great!  

 

No comments: