Sunday, March 14, 2021

Sunday, 3/14/21, Went to church, Went for a ride, Kimmy and Family met us for ice cream

Driving down US10 looking where Sanford Lake used to be before dams broke

My handsome driver Bill

One of our favorite ice cream places used to be on the corner on the left before the flood

 Sanford Lake Beach is across where the trees are...so sad there's no water.  Use to go there lots to swim and have picnics
Eli eating his ice cream cone while roller blading
 Wow...look how tall Eli is
                Eli is tall because of his roller blades ha ha (Jacob, Adam, Jared, Eli and Bill)
Eli, Jacob, me, and Adam enjoying our ice cream cones...that is artificial turf behind us...not real grass
Jared and Bill being funny when Kimmy tried to take their picture...Jacob's leg
Jared and Bill being photo bombed by Jacob
 Vikki and I are so sad...the wind blew down our favorite eagle's nest on Midland Rd.
Two eagles by where the nest used to be
Peyton looking cute being a twin with her American Girl Doll

We went to church.  I had to wake Bill up as he didn't remember the time change.  He did last night but didn't change his alarm.  Went to prayer before church.  Worship was awesome today.  Great message too.  We came home and ate, then went for a ride to Gladwin, Harrison, Clare and Sanford.  We walked through the Military Store, then though Jays.  Melissa called me while we were in the store.  We talked for a while.  We called Kimmy and she, Jared and the boys met us the the Country Creamery to get Ice Cream.  We picked our ice cream out, then went outside to eat it.  It was cool out, but sunny.  A little windy too.  We ate on the picnic table, then decided to walk the rail trail to get warmer.  We finally went to the side of the building and Kimmy and I sat at the table and the guys all stood, except Eli who decided finally to sit with us.  We were blocked more from the wind so sat there quite a while and visited.  Such a fun time with them.  We came home and took a nap, then watched a movie.  Vikki called me to tell me the Eagle's nest we love had blown down because of the high winds.  We had gone by there Thursday night, and I had turned my neck back around because I couldn't find the nest in the tree.  There were lots of cars parked looking toward the nest.  I didn't know it had fallen. Just thought I had missed it.  I am so sad.
I get my first Covid shot at 9 in the morning.  


 

No comments: