Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Wed., 3/31/21, Adam was up early, Jacob slept til 10:30, Worked on Gazebo, played 3-13, Went to Discipleship and then Good Friday Church Walk


Jacob and Adam working in the morning
Eli and Isaac
Peyton
Grilled hotdogs on the grill today for lunch.  Made fried red potatoes too!
Picture I took after everyone left...pieces are in place ready to go up on Friday

Adam was up at 7:30 when Bill and I got up.  I made pancakes and Bill, Adam and I ate.  Adam and I put worship music on the tv.  Read my Bible and prayed.  Adam and I watched Beverly Hillbilly's after that.  We had lots of good laughs.  Bill texted me to see if the boys were working on the gazebo yet.  I had Adam wake Jacob up...it was 10:30.  I thought since it was Easter Vacation, I would let him sleep in.  He came down and ate breakfast and then he and Adam went out and started working.  It was a cool, windy day and the temp was only supposed to be 45 degrees.  Jacob came in and had to warm his hands up for a little while.  
He went back out and worked more, then Bill got home from therapy and went out and worked with them.  The sun was out the whole time, and that helped warm it up on the deck where the wind wasn't as bad.  Bill brought 5 bags of donuts home.  We girls...Vikki, Kimmy, Peyton and I, were playing 3-13.  We decided to have some donuts out of a bag.  Eli joined us in eating donuts.  We ate the whole bag.  When Bill came in, he told me he bought a bag for each grandkid.  Then he looked on the counter and said, did I only buy 4.  Ha ha...no he bought 5 but were we going to tell????  Can't believe he was going to leave us big kids out.  We took care of that problem.   I grilled hotdogs and cut up potatoes and started frying them. Kimmy took over for me when the timer went off.  We all ate, then the guys and kids had their donuts.  Once the guys had the roof pieces assembled, the girls and I went out and were helping put them up.  Vikki and I didn't really want to try it today, because it was so windy and also we thought we needed more man power.  Bill and Kimmy wanted to try it so we did.  The first piece went up great.  The second one didn't line up.  I was worried about Kimmy on the hight middle ladder holding the two pieces, about Jacob and Adam on the ladders lifting it up once Vikki and I got it as high as we could and then worried that the wind would catch it and blow it off.  Finally, Bill said we were going to take it down and do it when Rody, Jared and Bruce could come too.  Whew!  We got it down, then they laid it on the grass and matched the pieces up so they would know the screw holes would be lined up.  They brought it back up and laid it exactly how it needs to go. Mission accomplished for the day.  My hammock and hammock stand came today.  It's so nice and so easy!  Kimmy and the boys left, as she wanted to get more dirt and work on putting it around the house with Jared.  They did some yesterday and it looks great.  The boys have youth group tonight.  Vikki left right after they did.  Bill and I went to our discipleship class, then we drove around for 20 minutes until it was time for our Good Friday Window Walk Through.  Each family had to schedule a time on Tues, Wed or Thurs. to do their individual walk through the sanctuary to different paintings which showed something to do with Jesus leading up to Easter.  We had to read scriptures that went with the painting, then there were questions or statements about the painting.  We then would do what the page told us and then pray.  It was very moving and the Holy Spirit really touched our hearts.  At the end Bill and I held hands and he prayed.  The things I had prayed along as we went to all 9 pictures he summed up perfectly in his prayer too.  God is awesome.  We came home in silence pondering about Jesus.  Bill made us his chicken soup with homemade dumplings when we got home.  We ate it while we played 3-13.  It was a close game.  He was negative 20 and I had 1 point.  He was a happy camper you might say.  I kept telling him that I wasn't worried because I knew he could have -39 in the Jack's round and I could have 75 and still beat him.  Adam proved that. Thanks Adam!!! 







No comments: