Friday, May 27, 2022

Friday, 5/27/22, Maddy brought us spaghetti to have for dinner tonight, Kimmy, Jared, Adam and Eli came and helped us open the pool, Melissa drove Jack and Evan over and hung out with us, Adam spent the night

 Jared and Eli helping take the cover off the pool
Papa and Adam taking the middle floater out of the pool
Eli, Jared, Bill and Adam checking out the filter








Evan and Adam had fun playing their games
Melissa took me, Kimmy and Jared for a ride in their new Oddessy
We all had fun sitting outside around the fire pit
Kit Kat was super cuddly

Adam and Evan

Eli and Jack
Adam and Papa while playing Skip Bo....I was the winner...even though I wish Adam would have won!  

Jacob looks like he got a little sunburnt ...Good thing he had his hat on!!!

Cleaned some in the morning.  Maddy messaged and said she made spaghetti for us and wanted to know if she could drop it off.  I did some laundry and worked on cleaning the garage.  Maddy and her mom came and brought out dinner for tonight, and we visited for a while.  It was the first time I met her mom, and she is really nice too.  They had to leave because Maddy had to take her mother in law to work.  

Kimmy called and wanted to know if they could come help open the pool.  Bill said he could have it drained, so he started working on that.  I met Kimmy at 4 at Lapham's Greenhouse and we used our gift certificates from the boys fundraiser and picked out some plants.  I got a poppy plant, a lavender plant, a butterfly weed plant and a blueberry plant since one of mine died.  I planted them as soon as I got home, and watered them good.  Kimmy, Jared, Adam and Eli got here not long after I was done.  I started looking for a lost hose and never did find it.  They all started working on getting the cover off the pool and I got out there just in time to help them lift it off.  Adam emptied a few buckets of water out of the cover, then they were able to lift that section over.  I had started making pizza, and a veggie lasagna for Kimmy.  Bill had already eaten his spaghetti and I started mine, so I just finished it.  Kimmy and the boys cleaned and washed the pool steps, Bill and Jared worked on the filter (which Jared and Adam carried up from the basement).  We all worked some on cleaning the tarps and hauling the pool cover out to the asphalt to be power washed tomorrow.  Kimmy and Jared looked for the missing hose to, but never found it.  We figure it had a leak in it last year so Bill must have thrown it out.  

Melissa, Jack and Evan came over to visit.  Adam was so good playing games on his device with Evan.  Jack and Eli had a great time hanging out and using their light sabers.  We started the fire pit and turned the lights on, then sat under the gazebo and just enjoyed each other's company.  We were all missing Vikki and family.  Melissa took Jared, Kimmy and me for a ride in her new van.  We visited more when we got back.  Kit Kat sat on my lap and kept me nice and warm.  

After everyone left, Adam helped me cover the pool and put some chairs away.  Then he, Papa and I played Skip Bo which I won, and 3-13 which Bill won.  Poor Adam.  This is the second time this happened to him in a row and in the same way.  He sure is a fun grandson to have around.  We snacked on red licorice and M & M's during the game.  

We sat in the living room for a while, then Adam went to bed.  Then Bill went to bed a short time later.  I was posting on face book and putting pictures on my blog so didn't get to bed til 1.  





No comments: