Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Wed., 5/3/22, Nice sunny day out, Kit Kat caught a mouse and a vole, went to Jacob's Concert, Rody's mom went home to be with the Lord

 

Jacob playing his clarinet at his band concert




Hung the oriole feeder and hummingbird feeder out, put bird bath and some other things out too

Kit Kat was a good kitty and caught a vole and a mouse today.   Bill came and told me right away.  We sure were happy.  We read our Bibles and ate our breakfast.  Bill worked in the shed and I pulled some weeds, did some edging and put some summer stuff outside.  
We took a short nap.  I talked to Sue.  She and Charlie might be coming to Jacob's concert tonight.  

In the evening, we went to Jacob's concert.  We met Kimmy, Jared and Eli in the lobby, and they were talking to Charlie and Sue.  Jacob did amazing!  It was so nice listening to all of the bands and solos.  Jacob looked very handsome.  Vikki tried to call me a couple of times during the concert.  I texted her that we were in the concert and I couldn't answer.  I though something might be going on because she new we were going to Jacob's concert.  My texts wouldn't send in the building.  I received a couple of texts from Vikki asking us to pray for Rody's mom.  The paramedics were at her house and were trying to revive her.  They were playing the last song at this time, so I showed Kimmy, Jared and Bill to have them start praying right away, then as soon as the song was done, I went outside and called Vikki.  She was upset and told me Rody's mom didn't make it.  We were all so sad.  Tried holding the tears back, but they came anyway.  We saw Jacob, and got pictures with him and Eli, then we left right away and headed to Vikki's.  Vikki met us at her house, and we stayed with Peyton and Isaac.  Peyton cried when Vikki told them Grammy passed away.  Isaac got under his blanket and just kept his emotions to himself.  I stayed with them, while Vikki and Bill went back down to Rody's moms.  The kids and I watched a cute movie.  Peyton kept taking my hand and holding it for a while, then she would do something, then hold my hand again.  She sure is a sweet and she comforted my heart, while I was trying to comfort hers.  Isaac just sat next to me and I would pat his back now and then. Bill, Rody and Vikki got back after midnight.  We headed for home.  Bill stayed up for a while when we got home, but I went right to bed.  It was an emotionally draining night.  Rody's mom was so sweet and always loving to us.  We will miss her so much.  She loved Jesus, so we are thankful she is with Him.  We have a book of a collection of poems and writings about the Lord she wrote in a book.  It will be a treasure to have.







No comments: