Sunday, May 22, 2022

Sun, 5/22/22, Headed home, We listened on line to our church message, Went to Kimmy and Jared's to celebrate Jacob's Birthday

 

Such awful destruction from the tornado in Gaylord.  We have are camping at a campground 4 miles away in two weeks.  No damage at the campground.  

Hail that was softball size that fell up north in some areas during that storm
Jacob while we sang Happy Birthday
Jacob lighting his candles

Adam with his 1 candle in the angel food cake while we sang Happy Birthday




Kit Kat followed me everywhere I went when I got home from camping.  She sure must have missed me.  I missed her lots!
Another fern and two sensitive ferns are coming up on this end

Kit Kat by my ferns...They are really starting to spread which makes me so happy

These beautiful Iris's are from our Grandma Schmidt.  They are over 100 years old!
 Beautiful plant from Melissa and family looked absolutely beautiful when I got home

Azaleas are blooming...Melissa and Bruce got them for me when we moved in in 2003
Poor Thor got trapped instead of the raccoon at Kimmy's.  Adam texted me the picture!  He was crying to get out.

I love spring.  Everything is starting to bloom and it's beautiful

Eli (in Kimmy's blanket I got her for 6.49.  He loved it.  So did Kimmy...I wonder if she will get to use it), me, Jacob, Bill and Adam

I got up early so I could make our breakfast before we started packing up.  Bill was the last to get up.  The guys decided last night that they wanted scrambled eggs for breakfast.  I decided to look up if I could make them on a griddle.  It said it was super easy.  I got the hash browns going, then cooked the bacon in the microwave.   Last I mixed the eggs and poured them on the griddle.  I had mixed up 8 and added the milk.  I poured quite a bit on the griddle, then could see that I needed to lift the one side so it didn't run down into the grease catcher.  Just a tiny amount went down there.  Then Ziggy noticed there was a nice sized puddle on the cupboard on the other side of the griddle.  He quick went to the cupboard and got paper towels and started wiping that, then I cleaned it up good with the dishcloth. Lesson learned for next time.  I really did like cooking them on the griddle.  I put Bill's at one end and then added cheese to the rest.  They turned out yummy.  Ziggy had the table set, napkins folded and juice poured by the time I got everything done.  We all prayed and then ate.  Ziggy packed up and headed for home.  We went down to tell everyone goodbye, and then we packed up and left.  We had a nice ride home with the sun shining  brightly.  Bill unpacked all of his stuff and had me put whatever I wanted in his truck so he could take it to the house.  He took a much needed nap and I unpacked the top part of the refrigerator.  It was time to fill out cards for the two birthday boys, mash the strawberries, pack up the cool whip and angel food cake and then leave.  Bill couldn't find his keys, so there was a little (or should I say long) delay.  I kept calling it, but we couldn't hear it.  I finally thought about him driving his motorcycle out of the camper and putting it in the shed and went in there to see if I could find it.  I could hear it vibrating, but couldn't see it.  After a few minutes, I found it on the back bumper which was under the trunk.  I was happy to find it and Bill was even happier.  We left for Kimmy's.  We greeted everyone.  Wyatt was very good and calm today.  I was so happy to see him.  Kimmy and I walked outside and looked at all of her beautiful plants (except the ones the chickens pecked at trying to get the birdseed out of them)  Who would ever think they would do that???   She has so many beautiful plants now and I loved seeing all of them.  We sang to both boys and had cake and ice cream.  We gave the boys their card and as a joke, gave Jacob the million face puzzle back.  He quickly wanted to send it back home with us.  He's so funny.  Bill wants to put it together, we it will be a winter project.  We left for home and I finished unpacking the refrigerator and freezer and then unpacked the rest of my stuff and came in the house and put it all away.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy the flower season has arrived at your house. Jared took us on a face time tour of their flower gardens. A Ferruginous Hawk was in our trees this morning. Google it. It was a rare sight for sure.

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

I'm happy flower season is here too. I loved seeing Kimmy and Jared's flowers and plants yesterday. I thought of where lots of those plants came from!!! I looked up that hawk and it sure is big and amazing. Wow! You would never expect that in your back yard.