Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Wed., 5/25/22, Weeded more before the rain came. Connie and Jim K. came over.

 

I had to cut my Wiegela plant down today.  The whole top part was dead.  Lots of new growth at the bottom though. Hopefully it comes back nicely!

Isaac and Peyton 
I was so happy Vikki sent me this picture today.  Made me feel better just to see her!

Bill, me, Connie, and Jim

I had breakfast and coffee out on the deck and then read my Bible and prayed out there too. Kit Kat joined me.  Bill slept in.  I filled feeders and watched the birds for a while.  Bill picked up some stamps for me as we were getting low.  He took Max out for lunch and ice cream today.  I did some laundry and cleaning.  I talked with all of the girls and also talked to Sue.  I messaged with our friend, Joaquin to see how his dad is and find out whether his dad got Covid.  He is in the same place as Sue and Vikki had gone into see him, then found out that hall of the hospital closed down because 3 patients had Covid.  Vikki thought maybe she caught Covid from him.  We were glad to hear he didn't have it.  Joaquin told me what his dad needed prayer for and then told me he will pray for Sue.  I'm thankful for praying friends.  

Bill and I took a little cat nap in the afternoon.  Then I got a call from Connie Krueger who I haven't heard from in years.  Only have communicated through Facebook.  She wanted to know if Bill could fold a flag that was given to her in honor of her dad.  She wanted to put it in a glass flag holder.  They came over and Bill and Jim folded the flag with a little assistance from us girls.  We were close friends for a long time before we found out Jim's Great Grandmother and my Great Grandmother were sisters, making us cousins.  We had such a nice visit and it was so good to spend time together.  

It rained all morning and finally quit in late afternoon.  My plants were very happy and so was I because I don't have to water them.  I took some Mucinex and some other things and dropped them off at the end of Vikki's driveway for her.  She was on the porch.  I got to wave to the kiddos and say hi from a distance to Vikki and Rody.  I sure am missing them.

We warmed up burgers that Bill grilled last night and I made potatoes and peas too.  We ate late because Connie and Jim stayed for quite a while.  

No comments: