Thursday, May 12, 2022

Thurs., 5/12/22, Debbie and Tom's 43rd Anniversary, Went to Lonnie's funeral, Olive Garden with Wes, Gayla, Marsha and Jim,

 

Bill, Wes, Gayla, Marcia and Jim.   We had windows on two sides so it's not the clearest picture.  We had this room with this big table all to ourselves.  The table had a turn table just like our one at home.  Good time with friends after attending Lonnie's funeral.


Max getting the owl out of the cage

My sister Linda and I with our pet raccoon


Bill had a dr. appt. at 8 a.m. to have a couple of moles removed.  It went well.  Praying for good results from the lab.  I ate my breakfast outside and enjoyed my coffee.  Kit Kat kept me company.  Lots of fun watching all of the birds while sitting there.  

Bill got home and we got ready, then took the motorcycle to the funeral home for the funeral.  Lonnie used to work at the funeral home and he and his brother would ride their motorcycles in the procession to make sure everyone was safe.  We talked to Roz and hugged her.  She lost her twin brother last month, then her husband, then her best friend (Rody's mom).  Lonnie and her have always been special friends.  The funeral was an amazing celebration of Lonnie and how he faithfully and humbly served Jesus.  The truth was preached and many scriptures were shared that were so meaningful.  Everyone was required to wear a mask, so safety for everyone was a priority.  Bill got up and shared about Lonnie and their belonging to CMA.  

After the funeral, we went with Wes, Gayla, Jim and Marsha to Olive Garden for soup and salad.  It was so nice to have a room all to ourselves.  Bill and I had to leave to get to the theater at 2:15 for our free movie, Family Camp.  Air One Christian Radio, gave us free online tickets again.  Everybody else left when we did.  We had popcorn and shared a pop during the movie.  It was a Christian comedy, and I did have some good laughs, but it seemed so fake, I wouldn't buy this one. It was an ok movie.  Really like that these movies have no bad language in them.  

We came home, and Bill worked in the shed and I worked on pulling weeds.  I got tired after doing lots, so sat outside and read my Bible and did some praying.  Kit Kat kept me company again.  She is good at staying around here.  I thought about it being Debbie and Tom's anniversary, so wished her a happy anniversary.  She was my best friend, and then became my sister when I married Bill.  After reading and watching birds again, I was rested enough to go pick up all the weeds I pulled and put them in the trash can. Then I watered plants with the hose.  

Bill and I had big ice cream sandwiches with  Cookies and Cream ice cream when we got in the house.  We watched Hailey's Impact Group's video of when they led worship for chapel at St. Lorenz.  They did awesome at leading worship.  I am so proud of Hailey!

Max and Bruce started volunteering at a wildlife rehabilitation facility.  Max absolutely loves it and today he had to clean the owl's cage, which meant he had to move the owl out, and then back in again.  Last week they had to wrangle squirrels to let them out in the wild again.  Lots of adventures.  Max was so happy when he heard I had a pet raccoon when I was little.  He was even happier when I had a picture to show him of me and my sister with our baby raccoon.  The girls had never seen the picture, so they liked seeing it too.  They had heard the story.  He has loved animals from a very young age.  I am very proud of him too.  He wants to do some kind of veterinary related work.  I am proud of all my grandkids.  They are all respectful, kind, hard workers who do their best at whatever they do.  

Kimmy and the boys thought Thor got killed by a car today.  They were all sad, and Kimmy.  I was happy when Adam texted me and told me never mind, it was a cat identical to Thor, but wasn't Thor.  Those boys love Thor!!!  Me too!


No comments: