Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Wed., 5/11/22, Took Evan to his School Testing Center, Kimmy & Vikki came at 8 a.m. to my house, Picked Evan up and took him to McDonalds, Went to Eli's Band Concert

 

Kimmy brought me a Lenten Rose to plant today
Jacob is always a great helper
Oriole visiting the jelly feeder
Kit Kat next to me while I read my Bible outside today
Max at the SportsZone Bird Museum


Eli playing his clarinet in the 6th grade band

Bill took these two pictures of Eli with his phone camera.  It takes nice pictures from far away.

Papa, Eli and I after his concert

I picked up Evan at 7:30 and took him to do his school testing.  He talked a lot to me on the way and sounded so grown up and so smart.  I took him in, then headed home.  Kimmy, Jacob, Bill,  Vikki, and my Lenny (dog) were sitting out on the deck when I got home.  I poured my coffee and joined them.  We talked to Melissa for a while on speaker phone.  We were going to take a walk around the yard and look at plants, but Kimmy noticed weeds in my new garden.  She asked for my new shovel they got me and started digging and pulling out weeds.  I told her not to, but she wouldn't listen, so I got the other shovel and started helping.  I had done some, but it was too wet, then I got busy, so there was lots yet to do.  We finished it (Kimmy did the most) and then I put preen down.  Thank you Kimmy.  Bill and Jacob emptied the weeds out of the wheelbarrow for us.
Kimmy also brought me a beautiful Lenten Rose which we planted on the side of the house. Bill showed Jacob how he makes pens out of an antler out in the shed.  Bill and Jacob went to pick up Max, then headed to Culver's to eat, and then dropped Jacob off at school for his half day.  On his way home, Bill told Max he would have to take him to the bird and wild animal museum someday.  Max told him, why not today, so they went back and went there. 
Kimmy, Vikki and I sat on the deck longer, then came inside to eat lunch.  Melissa called and Evan was ready for me to pick up, so I left and went and got him.  I took him to McDonalds for 2 hamburgers and a shake. He didn't want fries.  He talked to me all the way home too.  I sure love spending time with him.  I dropped him off, and heard a horn honk.  Bill and Max were just getting there too.  Bill took a nap.  I was going to too, but I went to Aldi's to return something and also to pay for the wooden gazebo light I had gotten yesterday.  I went to show Kimmy how much it was (14.99) because I couldn't remember exactly, and it wasn't even on the receipt.  They didn't scan it somehow.  I am much happier knowing it is paid for.  

In the evening, we went to Eli's band concert.  He did such a great job and looked very handsome.  The whole band was amazing.  The last band was really amazing too.  The one song they did, the percussion kids played different instruments up front.  They had four kids playing on buckets with drum sticks and they sounded so amazing.  I wish I could make a bucket sound like that.  When we talked to Eli afterwards, he said he couldn't take his eyes off those buckets.  Ha ha, I couldn't either.  

I had a nice long enjoyable chit chat with Vikki when I got home.  Sue called me today and let me know they were moving her to rehab as soon as there is a room available at the place she wants to go.  There are a couple possibilities she would be ok with.  She sounded great.  Charlie called while we were coming home from the concert and said they moved her and the hospital told him they don't know where.  Very weird.  They have to have a record of it.  Poor Charlie.

No comments: