Monday, May 30, 2022

Monday, 5/30/22, Skimmed lots of helicopters out of pool, Bill blew off the deck, Got all the chemicals in the pool, temp is 70 degrees, planted the garden

 

Happy to see my first Monarch Butterfly this year on my lilac bush


Tons of helicopters flew off the tree today into the pool and onto the deck. The wind was aimed the wrong way in my opinion


Bill and I planted the garden.  We got done when it was getting dark out.

My battle scars from the fence encounter

I ate breakfast and had my coffee out on the deck, then read my Bible and did some praying out there.  Such a peaceful spot for that.  Kit Kat was feisty this morning and wouldn't let me pet her.  Then I went back out on the deck and sat down under the gazebo and heard a faint meow a few times.  I started looking for Kit Kat and couldn't find her.   I realized after that, that she had managed to get on the roof of the Gazebo and couldn't get down.  I did some assisting and moved the swing over, so she could jump onto the cover and then I could get her down. 

Bill and I took the solar cover off of the pool and spread it out so we could brush all of the helicopters off of it when it was dry.  He helped me skim lots of them out of the pool.  I got all of the chemicals in the pool today, so it is all set.  Bill power washed the lounger chairs and outside tables.  He also power washed the winter pool cover.  

Bill tilled the garden for the 3rd time.  He did it in that hot sun.  He doesn't mind working in the heat.  We went to Boehlers and got all of our plants, seeds and flowers.  I told him we could plant the garden in the evening when it was cooler, so that's what we did.  It was so easy to plant because he tilled it so good.  We worked until dark and tried putting the fence around it.  We did good at first, but then when it was dark, we couldn't see the fence really good and Bill got poked in the leg by the sharp wires, and I got poked close to my eye and then scratched on my cheek.  We decided to just hook it as best we could and we will redo what needs to be done tomorrow when it's light.  It was sure a busy day and we got lots done!  We cleaned up and relaxed in our recliners.  I talked to Kimmy, Vikki and Melissa today.  Texted with Jacob and Adam.

No comments: