Monday, January 1, 2024

Monday, 1/1/24, Happy New Year!!!, Watched the Rose Bowl Parade, Took the tree down and the other decorations down, Bill helped take the tubs upstairs, He took all the outside lights down and the nativity down,

                                                        Vikki sent me these pictures
Isaac has passed Kenzie in height
Peyton’s such a wonderful Auntie to baby Rehvyn
Peyton feeding Rehyvn
Peyton changing Rehvyn

Happy New Year’s Day!  2024!    


It was a laid back day.  Slept in til 9, made oatmeal and a cappuccino for my breakfast.  Put some things from last night away, and unloaded the dishwasher.  We read our Bibles.  Start reading and then don’t want to put it down.  

Watched the Rose Bowl Parade while I took the tree decorations off.  There sure were some beautiful floats made with amazing flowers.  Put away all of the other Christmas decorations away too.  It took a while, but it’s a job I am glad is done.  Bill took all of the outside lights down and also put the Nativity away.  It was cold out, so it was a good job for him to get done too.  He helped carry the tubs upstairs for me.

We ate left over snacks from Vikki’s for our dinner.  We got plenty full.  Everything was so good.  Vikki called and her car wouldn’t start at Culver’s.  I was on call in case she needed me to come get her, Kenzie and baby.  Rody went there and brushed off the battery and her car started right away.  I was still on call in case it didn’t start back up when she took Kenzie to her house to pick up her stuff.  It started!  Yay!  She took Kenzie and Rehvyn home (they spent the night last night which Vikki of course loved) and made it back home safely.  I was happy to hear from her.  

I talked to Melissa a few times and we FaceTimed.  We also Face Timed later when Hailey
got home so I could talk to her before she left to go stay at her friend’s before heading to the Passion Concert tomorrow.  She has been looking forward to this for a long time and saving for it.  Brandon Lake and Phil Wickham are going to be there plus many other great Christian Worshippers.  I am so thankful she loves the Lord and loves worshipping.  

I love the water dispenser that the kids got Bill and I for Christmas.  So nice and I love having hot water.  I am drinking hot peach/ginger tea right now while I’m doing my blog.  The water comes out so hot, I have to add a little cold to be able to drink it.  So fast and easy.

I have to add a few pictures to last night’s blog.  
 

No comments: