Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Wed., 1/24/24, Bill went to coffee with Charlie, I crocheted a lot, Went to Melissa’s and picked up some of her and Evan’s delicious cookies, took Carol to the doctor, crocheted more, FaceTimed with Melissa and Vikki

It got up to 37 degrees today and things started thawing.  It rained most of the day.
One of the delicious cookies Melissa gave us.  They are the best snickerdoodle I’ve ever tasted!
Carol sent bean soup home with me today, so we had it for dinner.  It was delicious and tasted even better out of Kimmy bowls
Kenzie sent me a picture of my sweet Rehvyn today.  He just is the cutest!

We got up at 8:15 today.  I put on good worship music.  Bill got ready and went and met Charlie for coffee.  I made oatmeal and had my coffee.  Then I read my Bible.  I’m in the Old Testament now and reading Samuel.  God’s Word shows the awesomeness of God and how important it is to obey Him.  

I crocheted for a while, then got ready and went to Melissa’s at 1:30 to pick up cookies for us and cookies to take to Sister C.  I was headed to her house to take her to a doctor appt., so it worked out good for the cookie surprise delivery from Melissa and Evan.  I got to her house at 2, then we got ready and went to her appt.  We had a little accident with her oxygen tank as it got caught between the wheelchair and  the door and the piece that loosens and tightens it so you can change tanks broke.  I took her to the desk, then to the waiting room to fill out forms.  I went and moved the car to a parking spot.  When I came in I noticed the piece to the oxygen tank lying on the floor.  I picked it up and that’s when we realized what it went to.  I told the lady at the desk that Carol’s oxygen was getting low and we had an extra in the car, but we couldn’t change it because the piece had broken off.  She got the nurse and she went and got a tank they had on wheels and let Carol use it for her appt.  Carol said she could make it home on what was left in the tank.  They were so nice though and let us take the tank with us and then I dropped it back off after I took Carol home and headed home.  I was very thankful because I didn’t want her running out on the way home if something happened that it took longer.  When we got to her house, she gave me some bean soup to take home for Bill and I.  She had made a huge pot of it.  That was so sweet of her.
When I got home I crocheted more.  Then I called my friend, Vikki and we talked for about an hour.  It was so nice catching up.  She’s such a great friend.  Bill and I ate our soup after that.  I texted Carol to let her know we loved it and thought it was delicious.  She let Melissa know she loved her cookies too and said they were the best.  She invited us over Sunday to watch the game with her.  She is fun to spend time with.  

I Face Timed with Vikki and Melissa and then crocheted more.  I’m making good progress now that I know what I am doing better.  I worked on that until bedtime and also did the blog.

 

No comments: