Saturday, January 6, 2024

Sat. 1/6/24, Cleaned, prepared food, went to Salvation Army, Stacie, DJ and Kody came over for dinner and to celebrate Christmas

Kody eating his brownie and ice cream
Kody opening his gift
Kody loved his game like Peyton and Isaac's
Bill happy about his shirt

Shirts that Stacie made up for us.  Rehvyn Dream is written our one sleeve, and EST. in 2023 is on the other sleeve.  So cute!  She did such a great job.  We love them.

Another cool thing Stacie made for me

DJ opening his gifts

Stacie opening her gifts
Stacie made the round wall hanging for us too.  She is very talented and she knows what I like.
Vikki called me while she was at Salvation Army and told me they had some nice things for walls and stuff.  She had to leave, but I went there and found these goodies.  $18 altogether.
Cute Salt Pigs that came out of Kimmy and Jared’s Kiln.  It wasn’t working properly, so Jared looked into it and found it was wired wrong.  He rewired it and now it works great.  I am so happy for them.  What a relief it will be to know when they load the kiln, the things will turn out properly.  

Another great project of Kimmy’s.  She put the shelf up and put her cute jars on it.  

Bill met Charlie in the morning.  He had a flat tire on the truck on the way to meet him on busy Midland Rd.  He called me and I gave him the number to call for our insurance co.  He let me know when it was changed and he was with Charlie.  He went to Discount Tire and there was a huge screw in the tire so it couldn’t be patched.  He had to get a new tire.  Not cheap these days.  

I cleaned, and then made brownies.  Peeled potatoes for tonight’s meal also.  Texted with my sister Brenda for a while.  Bill got home and we emptied the pop can container into a garbage bag to take to donate at church tomorrow for the youth groups summer mission trip. 

I went to Salvation Army and found some great deals Vikki called and told me about.  I knew I didn’t have much time, but worked it in.  Then came home and started preparing the rest of the meal.  Got the chicken coated in flour, eggs and potato chips and in the oven.  Made roasted small redskin potatoes and made mashed potatoes too.  Also baked a loaf of homemade bread, and had homemade applesauce and corn.  Everybody loved the meal, especially Kody.  He commented on everything.  Such a cute kid.  

The guys and Kody were the only ones that ate brownies.  Kody had ice cream with his.  
I sure do love him.  He is always just so loving and fun.  I love all of them and am so thankful God made them family.  

We opened our gifts.  Everyone was happy with what they got.  We sure loved the things Stacie made for us.  I forgot to take a picture of the Christmas hot pad with the cookie mix in it and and small red whisk.  It said We Whisk you a Merry Christmas on the front, which Stacie did also.  We visited for a while, then they had to leave.  We sure had a fun time with them.  

I tried to call Melissa back.  She didn’t answer, but had called me earlier.  She called me again and said she and Hailey thought they would run the protein drinks they picked up for Bill over and visit for a few minutes.  I was making the chicken at the time and my hands were a real mess, so didn’t answer.  It was too late by the time I talked to her later.  

Hailey just got back from her trip to the Passion.  I can’t wait to hear all about it.  It looked amazing from the pictures I saw.  I heard from Jacob at 2:35 in the morning.  He texted me that he was feeling a little better.  Still coughing badly though.  Poor kid.  







No comments: