Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Wed., 1/10/24, Snowy and icy out, all grandkids schools were canceled. College ones had to go!, Bill had to have CAT scan of his bladder this morning, we Lordy for Iowa when he

 

Our neighbor, Sam, plowed our driveway this morning! What a blessing!
Bill driving in Indiana!
Our room


Bill got really then headed to the VA for his CAT Scan of his bladder.  I got ready and packed the last minute stuff.  I heard beeping and looked in the driveway to see our neighbor plowing our driveway.  I was very happy and I knew Bill would be too.  I took a picture and sent him a message. 

I finished doing a few things around the house and packing, then packed a lunch for us.  Made chicken salad sandwiches for us to eat while traveling.

We left at 11:45 a.m.  I texted the girls to let them know.  Good clear roads today while driving.  I drove from Chesaning almost to the Indiana border.  Bill took over after that.  We listened to good worship music while we rode.  

I called the girls and talked to each one, then texted with my friend Vikki.  We are trying to meet at a restaurant with her and her hubby on our way home like we did last year, but it will depend on the results of the big snow storm.  
I was resting and heard a ding ding. I asked Bill what that was and he said it was the low gas warning.  We had 50 miles we could go yet.  Well things around looked pretty desolate and there weren’t many exits.  I decided instead of complaining, I would just pray and continue to rest. Oh, and it was 28 degrees out.  We had 28 miles left when we got to a gas station.  
Bill drove til we got to Davenport Iowa at around 6. We stayed at a really nice Comfort Inn.  Such a nice room and comfy bed.  

We read our Bibles and I finished my blog.  One of the things I liked when I read the reviews was that they have a delicious breakfast here.  



No comments: