Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tues., 1/23/24, It was a snowy morning, schools were all cancelled,Bill took the trash out, He went in to town, I crocheted lots, went to prayer in the evening

Pretty outside this morning with the new snow 
We had cardinals in abundance again
The grandkids didn’t have school because of bad roads...this is one of them.  Silly Lucy is in the picture too
Evan was off too and helped his mom bake snickerdoodle cookies
I love this picture of them baking together
They sure look yummy
They look pretty happy about those yummy cookies.  Melissa looks beautiful and Evan looks handsome and the cookies look amazing

We slept in again today until 9:15.  Stayed up very late again last night.  It was snowing lots and we had gotten a couple of inches.  When I talked to Melissa, she told me the kids schools were cancelled.  By that time they didn’t show all the cancellations, but it did show Midland Schools were closed.  I assume Eli’s school was closed too, but Kimmy didn’t answer my calls, so I don’t know for sure.  That girl!!

Bill took the garbage out. Then we had our coffee and read our Bibles.  We ate breakfast after that. I was happy that Jacob answered my texts.  It’s a sign he must be starting to feel better.  I’ve been doing lots of praying for him.  

Bill went into town for bread, almond milk and some other things.   I wrote out some cards and got them in the mail.  Then I worked on my crocheting project.  I called Vikki and she and the kids were home because their school was cancelled too.  Bill said the roads were pretty slushy.  I’m glad the kids didn’t need to be out on them.   Bill cleaned the drive way off and shoveled the deck.  It warmed up and started raining instead of snowing. 

In the evening, I went to prayer.  Our road was pretty bad because of the slush, but the rest of the roads were good.  Prayer was great and lots were there.  It went over our normal time, but no-one minded.  It was getting more slippery on the way home because temperatures were cooling down.  I did more crocheting.  I would much rather knit than crochet.   


 

 

 
 

 

No comments: