Saturday, January 20, 2024

Sat. 1/20/24, Happy Birthday to Stacie! We love you! Went to Phil’s dad’s funeral, met Vikki at Kroger, came home and read our Bibles, went to Wes and Gayla’s to celebrate her birthday

 

Happy Birthday Stacie.  We love you so much!
One week and almost 6 weeks old...Rehvyn is looking older and so cute!
Bill, Gayla, Joel, and Wes
Bill, Joel, and Gayla...some serious card players

I made dip for our Christmas party tomorrow.  Then we got ready and headed to Owosso for our friend, Phil’s dad funeral.  We called Stacie on our way to wish her a happy birthday.  She was telling us that Kody had her whole day planned out.  Breakfast served in bed, he and his dad would pick up her free Biggby coffee while she relaxed, they would buy her 3 gifts, she would relax more, they would go to some places, and in the evening they would watch a movie and have popcorn.  He is my kind of planner.  We could hear him in the background really excited about doing all these things.  He sure is a sweetie!
When we got to the funeral home, we sat with Al, Lucy, Sue, Doug, Liz and Joe who are all CMA friends.  Mike and Gail were there too.  They used to be the state coordinators for Michigan.  The Hospice Pastor and church pastor both did a great job sharing about his life and how he lived for the Lord.  They read from the Bible making it very clear that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.  He’s the only way to heaven and if anyone there wanted to see him again they need to have a relationship with Jesus too.  No one left there without knowing the plan of salvation.  

We went to the church for the luncheon following the funeral.  The pastor from the church, who is retired now, was so funny and just the nicest person.  We sure laughed a lot with him.  Julie and Phil were so happy we all came and we were happy to be there for them.  They are great friends.  We headed home and Bill mentioned he needed gas.  I told him my car was full because Vikki filled it when she used it, so I didn’t have any room for gas in my car.  We called Vikki to see if she wanted to meet us and get 50 cents off a gallon and she did.  I hopped in her car to sit with her while Bill put her gas in after he had finished filling his.  I gave her a couple of Valentine heart suckers that I got from our table for Peyton and Isaac.  
Then we went to get a car wash, but the line was too long.  We went to Meijer’s and got Bill’s carbonated waters he drinks.  They were on sale and we also had a $10 gift certificate from Meijer’s to use.  We picked up a small birthday cake for Gayla too.

We went to Wes and Gayla’s at 4.  Joel heard us come in and started saying hi to us right away.  We saw the table was set for 5 and when she saw cake she said she had left over carrot cake too.  We visited for a while til the meatloaf and potatoes were cooked.  We didn’t plan on eating there, but it sure was good.  She also had corn, applesauce and cranberry jello.  Everything was delicious and it was so sweet of her to make all that for us.  We played Skip Bo singles after that.  I got so many Skip Bo cards I could hardly believe it.  I’ve never got that many.  I ended up winning.  Then we played partners and it was a close game but Bill and Wes went out when Gayla and I just had 2 cards left.  It was fun and they were sure happy.  Joel always helps Gayla and he was really into it.  He is always so much fun and always reminds us that “It’s only a game”.  We came home around 8:30 and I cut up the vegetables for tomorrow’s family Christmas.  Then I went into relax in my recliner and Bill had my electric throw already on for me.  He also gave me a surprise.  He got me a heated jacket that is so nice, plus will keep me warm especially when I go to the U.P. next month and next year for our cold Iowa trip.  It also will be nice for the motorcycle on cool days.  He’s so sweet.   

No comments: