Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Wed., l/3/24, Drove our Motorhome to the Township Office and then Sam’s Club. Read more on my book

Bill driving the motorhome
 
It was such a nice ride and so much fun

Bill carried all of the nativity pieces to the outside nativity upstairs to the attic and I put them in boxes.  Then I put all the Christmas tubs away.  All set til next year.  We ate cereal and had our coffee after that.  Then it was time for our Bible reading.  I’m reading about Samson.  

I read on my book and Bill made out the check for the water bill and our winter taxes.  We wanted to take the motorhome for a drive, so we decided today was a good day since it was warmer and not so windy.  Bill drove to the township hall, then we headed to Sam’s Club.  They had lots of great deals there and one was Bill’s Premium Protein Drinks were $20 instead of $26.  We got our two.  That was the limit per membership.  Bill wanted Jiffy peanut butter that was extra crunchy.  We came home and Bill pulled in the driveway.   I passed the groceries out to him, then he carried them in the house.   Afterward, he parked the motorhome back by the shed again.  We both had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  

Our friend, Jim Dalaba passed away today.  He was 93.  His wife passed away 12 days a go.
About a month ago, they had to move out of their home and into an assisted living place.  They sure went quickly after that.  They were a wonderful couple who loved the Lord.

Another friend of ours, Don Miller passed away and his showing was today.  We went for a short time to pay our respects to his family.  He and his wife, and his son and his wife were in Faith Riders with us.  His wife has dementia really bad now and didn’t even recognize us or some friends of ours who were there.  So sad.  She was the sweetest friend.  We stopped at Staples and Bill got some highlighters for our Bibles and I walked a couple of doors down and looked at crochet patterns.  Didn’t find and books I wanted though.

We came home and there were 3 packages that had been delivered.  I knew I didn’t have anything coming and Bill said he didn’t think he had ordered anything.  I told him to be sure to check the names on the boxes before he opened them.  They were our neighbor’s behind us.  Bill called Chase and then took them back to him.

I read some more on my book.  Talked to Melissa and Vikki today.  Also talked to Sue.  Charlie is starting to give up because he’s been feeling so awful.  Praying for him to feel better quickly.



 

No comments: