Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Wed., 3/20/24, Went with Kimmy to pick Jacob up from college, went to Jews for Jesus presentation at church in the evening

When Kimmy and I went to get Jacob, we ran into a little stretch of road in the country that didn’t have much snow, but it was blowing so hard it was enough to make the road along that stretch icy.  Thankful it was clear roads most of the way.

 

The heart charm I got my friend Vikki with her stuff opens up and is so cute.  Good thing I thought to tell her.  She didn’t notice that.  The hearts and nice words on them is what made me think of her when I saw it.  See below
 
I made my morning coffee.  Then I ate strawberries for breakfast and had a cookie afterward.  I got ready, worked on getting a $100 rebate for our stove and microwave which took some time, then headed to Kimmy’s.  It had snowed out, but the sun was shining so the roads were clear.  When I got to Kimmy’s town, there was no snow.  Then when I was just about to her road, I went over a hill and everything was white from blowing snow.  It was so weird.  I went to go to my car and Kimmy asked me what I was doing and said she was driving.  I quickly headed to her van and was hurrying because it was so cold and windy, and boom, I walked right into her bike carrier on the back of her van.  It hit me right where the center piece of my glasses is over my nose.  It bled for a while, but only hurt when I first did it.  Bummer!  Kimmy wondered if the roads were going to be bad because it looked so bad there and was snowing some.  I reassured her it wasn’t bad a mile up the road.  
We had great roads, everywhere but that little area I took a picture of.  We were thankful it wasn’t all bad like that stretch.  

We picked Jacob up.  It sure was good to see him.  A couple of brackets broke on his braces so he has to go to his orthodontist to have them fixed. Before we started out, Kimmy put a Tim Horton’s that was about 17 minutes away in her GPS.  We had a couple of missed/wrong turns, but we made it.  We got something to eat, and Kimmy and I got drinks. 

We picked Adam up from school, then dropped Jacob off at his appointment, then picked Eli up, then dropped Adam and Eli off at home.  I headed home then.  I should have taken a picture, but didn’t get my phone out fast enough.  Eli went to feed Bo and all the chickens were walking along with him.  It was cute and funny.  Kimmy was heading back to get Jacob.  It was fun riding along today and nice seeing all of the boys.  I didn’t even think to take a picture until I was on my way home.  Too Late!  I read my Bible and did my devotion when I got home.  

We went to a presentation by Jews for Jesus about the Last Supper.  It was so good and the person presenting it had great testimonies of what Jesus has done in his life and many miracles.  He was very interesting to listen to.  I sure am praying for Israel and God’s chosen people.  We came home and I worked on my blog. 

No comments: