Thursday, March 14, 2024

Thurs., 3/14/24, Went to get stuff for Hope Tote, went to get groceries, Kevin came to work on kitchen, Rody came over to help me after computer locked up, Put some stuff back in cupboard


The kitchen after Kevin and Dave finished working today.  Kevin will come back to sand the drywall he repaired and caulk the cupboards.  Then I can paint after that and it will be done!  Yay!

Kimmy sent me this picture of Jacob today.  He finally answered my text and said he is feeling great now.  That made me so happy.  I know he’s really busy.  I’m just thankful he feels good now.  

 We got up early because Kevin was coming to work.  I left at 9 to go shopping.  Drank a protein drink on my way.  I wanted to get done before it rained.  I went to Walmart first and picked up everything I needed to fill a Hope Tote for the Rescue Mission.  Then I went to Aldi and got stuff I needed, then went to Kroger to get gift cards, ice cream and Hershey chocolate.  Came home and the workers were busy working.  I put most of the stuff in the refrigerator and freezer in the garage.  Then I put the two big pizza’s in the freezer in the basement.  

I talked to Kevin for a while in the garage.  His mom had an aneurism and possible stroke.  They are putting her on hospice and he and his sister are trying to get her moved near here so she’s not all the way down by Detroit.  

When I got in the house he showed me what they had done and what they still need to do.  I was able to ask him if he knew Jesus as his Lord and Savior.  He told me he did and that He is who is helping him through everything.  He told me his helper, Dave, is a Christian too.  Dave came in right then and verified that joyfully.  That makes me happy.

They left so I made a cake and baked my first thing in the oven.  The cake was requested by Bill.  It turned out good.  However, when I went to look up a good frosting recipe, my computer had big red squares flashing, saying not to turn off the computer or I would lose everything, that I needed to call Apple Support and it gave the number.  Big mistake.  I was panicking and gave my Apple ID so they could get my computer unlocked.  I had Bill call Rody and he said to hang up and turn my computer off because it was a scam.  I was so nervous.  I called our bank right away and they are giving me new credit and ATM cards tomorrow.  She checked to make sure nothing had been tampered with.  She was so nice.  Rody got here and we changed my Apple ID right away.  He was so helpful and sweet.  So thankful he came over right away to help and rescue me.  He said it’s something new the scammers are doing.  I changed my log in to my computer too.  Rody said Apple Support would never have you call a number like that and give any info.  I am glad he is so knowledgeable.  

I read my Bible and did my devotions.  Sure thankful for the peace God’s Word brings.  

Talked to Vikki for a while.  Sue got hacked, so Bill and I tried to help them see how to change their password over the phone.  Charlie was confused, so wanted to wait til Bill shows him tomorrow in person.  How crazy that there are so many dishonest people doing all this hacking and spamming to people. 

We watched a good Faith movie called Forever Your Friend. 







No comments: