Thursday, March 21, 2024

Thurs. 3/21/24, Got up at 4:30 a.m., went to pray for our friend Sue before she had her knee surgery, waited with Charlie while she had it, Hailey came to spend the night

Kimmy sent me a picture she took yesterday after I ran into her bike rack and hurt my nose
Charlie and Bill. BFF’s, sitting in the waiting room
A couple of the cute cookies out of the box...the lamb is my favorite
My poor daffodils
This Hawk got a Starling and it struggled for a while, then it flew off with it

Me getting ready to open my birthday present
Yummy Almond Joy Candy Bars
A nice fanny pack like Hailey's
I like the colors a lot too!
Papa and Hailey while we were playing our fun game

Our score sheet Hailey and I had to put together and tape
National Flower Day today!!!!!  Jacob showing Jacob how to arrange flowers the way his mom taught him.  So cute!
Flowers Jacob got Abby
Flowers Adam got Hope

Flower Bill got me...whoops Flour.  Read his note!

Flower Jared got Kimmy....I finally figured out where Bill got his idea from.  Now they need to bake us something with it.

We got up early so we could get ready and go pray with Sue La before she had knee replacement surgery.  We got there at the same time, waited together in the waiting room, then went back in pre op with them when we all prayed for her.  Bill and I went back into the waiting room after that,  and split a bagel and he got a coffee and I got a cappuccino.  Charlie told Bill he was in a different waiting room.  I walked down and checked the lab waiting room, and also the one way at the end of the hallway.  No Charlie.  When I got back to Bill, he went to look in the regular waiting room again.  Then he saw him around the corner in the Pet Scan waiting room.  We sat in there with him for a minute, then the girl came in and told him he should be waiting in the regular waiting room.  We all headed out there then.  Charlie went and got a bagel and a pop.  The surgery took about 1 1/2 hours, then the doctor came and talked to us in a room and told us everything went really good.  We went into recovery after that and talked to Sue, but she was still really groggy.  Charlie said we should go home and he would call us when he was taking her home so we could come help him get her in.  They said she wouldn’t go home today if she couldn’t walk today.  We left and came home and took a nap.  Around 4 we got a call from Charlie saying they were home and she walked up their ramp into the house.  Yay!  She wanted to rest after that.

I went to Cracker Barrel to take back a Sarah Young book I had bought to give Debbie.  I was paging through it, and it wasn’t what I thought it was.  I wanted something that would help her which what she is going through right now.  After I returned it, I went to Subway and got Bill and I both a six inch sub.  We ate them when I got home.  

Melissa called today and Evan is sick and coughing.  None of us have been around him, so that’s good.  We prayed together that Melissa and no one else in there house would get it.  They are being really careful.  Hailey is coming home this evening and she’s staying with us so she doesn’t catch anything.  All the schools in the area are already cancelled except Adam and Eli’s schools and the other schools in Midland.  They always wait til the last minute if they even cancel at all.

Hailey got here, so I took her to Taco Bell since Kitchen Closed, Let’s eat Out was happening tonight.  (My dad used to always say that to me if we would go out to eat). We ate on the way to go pick up her things from her house on the porch.  We did a quick visit on the porch and I opened my Birthday gift from them.  I got yummy Almond Joy candy bars and a Patagonia fanny pac that can be worn over the shoulder or around the waste.  Hailey has one and I’ve always liked it, especially when you want to go for a walk and want to take just what you need with you.  I love the color of it too.  What a great gift!  It’s so nice, and Almond Joys are my favorites.  Thank you Melissa and family.   We sanitized our hands and things so we wouldn’t get any germs, and stayed outside.  Took a few pictures too.  

We came home and Bill had to do a Zoom Meeting with our National Evangelist and State Coordinators in the North Central Region.  After they were done, Bill, Hailey and I played Uno Flip.  We laughed so much.  We couldn’t remember what direction we were going, we couldn’t remember whose turn it was, we couldn’t remember what each card meant (Bill had to keep checking), but we sure had fun.  Bill finally used a clothes pin to point the direction we were playing.  Then he would forget to turn it.  Hailey won, and Bill was the big loser.  Hailey and I had to tape the score sheet because he ripped it up.  

No comments: