Saturday, March 9, 2024

SAT. 3/9;24, Bill went to our Faith Riders Chapter meeting, I stayed home because the workers were coming, workers got here at 9:15, Bill got home, I went to see Vikki, Peyton and Rehvyn, exciting to see progress of kitchen, Hockey for the Homeless in the evening


Bill had to wear the birthday hat in my place today because I had to stay home to be here when the workers came.  He didn’t keep it on long.  Thankful a friend sent me the picture. 
The workers started working at 9:15 and worked all day, other than making a quick run to Menards to pick up some things they needed for the job

Rehvyn in his little bed at his Grammy Vikki's

Rehvyn and Grammy

Me with my smiley boy!
I loved getting to spend time with him
Starting to wave
He did it!  Such a cute wave!
My favorite picture because he is just so happy!
He loved playing with these toys today

My great niece’s twins.  Thomas on the left and Stefan on the right
Cute picture Vikki took of Rehvyn and Jesus toy
Our workers had this much done when we left for the hockey game
 
Guy from Rescue Mission introducing New Life’s Worship Team.  They were asked to do worship and did an amazing job.  Many were there to listen to them.  So cool!
 
Emily far left, then Cody, Aiden, Joe, Matthew and Austin



Kitchen when we got home (we moved the microwave we’re giving to Vikki off the cupboard)
Microwave up and working, Stove has to be leveled after drywall patching is done behind it and painting is done.  
Everything is so nice now!  They just have to finish hanging the door on one cupboard and putting the knobs on.  They are doing a great job!

Last night the power went out at 11 p.m..  Our electric blanket had been on, so we went to bed right away.  Happy it wasn’t a real cold night.  We kept a light on in the bathroom, so we would know when the power came back on.  In the night around 2:30, I heard the backup sump pump alarm go off.  Bill had earplugs in, so didn’t hear it.  I went down and checked the basement and everything was dry.  I turned the switch off and the alarm stopped, but it came on again before I got back upstairs.  I told Bill about it, but he said it would be ok.  I was wishing I had ear plugs in.  I finally went back to sleep, after praying and asking God to keep the water from overflowing.  Bill had me check the time and also check to see what time Consumers was saying the power would be back on.  They were saying it was coming back on at 6.  At 3:30, I noticed the light in the bathroom came on, so Bill and I got up.  I pushed the button sho the kernel burner would ignite again.  I heard a swish of water sound and I looked in the basement and noticed water by the doorway to the first room.  I told Bill and told him to put shoes on.  He went down and checked it out and it was only a small area around the floor drain.  The sump pump area was dry.  Everything was working fine Praise God.  We went back to sleep until 8.  Bill went to the Faith Rider’s Chapter meeting because he had things he had to share, and I stayed home because the workers were supposed to come at 9:30.  The guy has been coming two times now, so we didn’t think he would show up on time.  He was here 15 minutes earlier and had his worker with him.  They got busy right away and worked all day, except for two times they had to run and pick up something.  They weren’t gone long.  They did such a great job and worked til late.  They left sometime after we went to the hockey game.  They had the drywall patched and the microwave installed.  Everything looks great and they are almost done.   

After Bill got home this morning, I called Vikki and went there to visit her and see Rehvyn and Peyton.  I got to see Isaac and Rody for a few minutes before they left.  Rehvyn sure smiles lots and is fun.  He got a little fussy, but then went to sleep pretty quickly.  He just wanted to rest.  We had fun taking pictures and watching him.  Peyton made him smile in the pictures for us.  
 
I came home and they had got a lot more done.  Bill and I sat in the living room and read out Bibles and did our devotions.  Every now and then we would go check on their progress and sometimes they would call us out to ask us questions.   We got ready and went to the Hockey for Homeless Game.  A group from Faith Riders was there and our church group of 86 people were there.  We got hot dogs to eat and waters to drink.  Then we worshiped.  Very proud of our worship team.  The worship was amazing.  We all went in and sat together as a church group afterward.  A couple who are becoming members at church tomorrow, sat in front of us.  We introduced ourselves to them and talked for a few minutes.  Then I realized it was Peyton’s friend’s mom and dad.  Peyton had just been to their house for their daughter’s birthday party.

We came home and FaceTimed Melissa, Vikki and Kimmy (Adam got on to see too) and showed them the kitchen.  It looks so nice and it sure will be nice to have two big burners and a big oven.  

Worked on my blog and then went to bed.  Set the clocks ahead.  Boo Hoo, we lose an hour.


No comments: