Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Tues., 3/12/24, Nice 67 degree day with lots of sunshine, but windy again. Worked outside, put stuff in cupboard, went to Eli’s concert, then McDonalds after

Kit Kat was laying on her back and I thought she looked like she was dead
                        I went to the other window and I saw her move.  I sure was happy to see that!
My pots and pans fit nicely in the stove drawer.  My other stove didn’t have a drawer, so this is super nice to have again.
             Hyacynths will probably be in bloom by Easter.  This is just one cluster of them!
        Isaac after school, when I met Vikki at McDonalds after her dentist appointment
                                          Peyton when I took her to meet her mom
Eli in his Jazz Band concert.  He is the 4th head from the right, just peaking through.
                                    The Jazz Band standing at the end of the concert.
We got pictures with Eli after the concert.  The second on is with Eli holding the pen knife that papa just gave him.  Eli loved it of course.  

Eli and Jared after the concert at McDonalds.  Me, Papa, Eli and Jared in picture below.
Lots of room in the smaller cupboard for my baking pans, pizza pans, cake pans, cookie racks, and big collapsible strainer Vikki got me.  


         Gayla sent me these pictures of Becky and Dave visiting her and Wes in Florida.

 We got up and made the bed together as always.  Bill took the garbage out this morning.  I helped by getting the upstairs trash for him.  I made oatmeal and had coffee with it.  He just drank his protein drink.  We both read our Bibles and did our devotions.  I was reading about all of the miracles God did through Elisha and didn’t want to quit reading.  God is so awesome.  Bill left to go pick up the shelves for the new cupboards.  He put the top ones in for me and I did the bottom one since it’s hard for him to get down because of his knee surgeries.  He does it when he has to, but it isn’t easy.  I put stuff in the bottom one that has the door on.  He still has to work on the top cupboard, so I waited on that one.  

Bill worked out in the shed for a while.  I went and picked up Peyton and Isaac from school because Vikki had a dentist appt.  I thought I would pick up shamrock shakes for them before I picked them up because I figured it would be busier once kids were out of school.  I got in line on the inside and the outer drive through line was moving quickly.  The line I was in didn’t move for 10 minutes.  I finally had a little space to get through the other line and a lady let me go before she pulled up.  I was so glad to get out of there and get the kids on time.  I was getting a little nervous.  Peyton came out right away.  We waited for Isaac for a long time.  Finally Kenzie called me to see if Isaac had got to my car.  He just came right then.  He had been waiting at the old place we picked them up at.  I was so glad to see him.  Peyton had a good laugh because a boy walked by the car and the window was down an I said hey Isaac.  I thought it was Isaac, but it wasn’t.  We all went and met Vikki at McDonalds.  She had called and said she would pick up the kids Shamrock Shakes with Oreo’s for me.  Then she surprised me and got me one too.  So sweet of her.  I sent her Apple Pay to pay for the kids.  We said our goodbyes after I took a picture of course.  

I got home and relaxed for about 20 minutes.  Then I got a text from Eli saying he had a jazz concert tonight at 6:30.  I made dinner really quick, then we ate and headed to his school.  We got there and the parking lot was almost full.  We saw Sara and Justin from church and their kids.  Ryan was playing in the 5th grade band.  We talked to them for a while.  We found seats and saved seats next to us for Kimmy and Jared.  The kids in every band did great.  We loved hearing the Jazz Band.  They did amazing.  After the concert, Sara came over and talked to us while we were still in our seats.  Bill introduced her to Kimmy and Jared.  We waited til the crowd cleared out, then went and found Eli and took pictures.

Afterward, we called Kimmy and told them we were at McDonalds and made sure they were coming.  Bill’s sister, Carol, gave Bill a McDonalds gift card and told him to use it for grandkids and kids.  We did that and had a fun time.  Kimmy ordered on the machine and did separate orders so we could use lots of coupons.  We all used our app for our individual orders.  She sure saved us time and money.  

We headed home, and I talked to Melissa while we drove.  She had called me at McDonalds and told me to call her back when I got home.  I thought I would use riding time to talk since I knew I still had to do my blog when I got home.  It sure was good to talk to her.  Vikki called me after that and it was good to talk to her too.   

No comments: