Friday, March 1, 2024

Friday, March 1, 2024, HAPPY 11TH BIRTHDAY KODY...WE LOVE YOU!!! Kimmy and Jacob came over, Kimmy and Jacob helped Bill with burning the tree that fell, went to the dentist with Jacob, went to celebrate Kody’s birthday

Happy Birthday to our Bonus Grandson Kody!  We love him so much and are so thankful God made us his Nana and Papa
Kimmy and I sure had fun face timing with Kenzie and Rehvyn...Look at that precious smile and those eyes!!!!
Another view of the fallen tree
Jacob blowing on the fire to perk it up
It worked!!!!
Jacob helping papa burn the tree branches
 
Papa and Jacob working
That is quite the fire next to them
Me dipping strawberries in chocolate for us to have for a treat
Jacob relaxing at Nana's
Celebrating this sweet boy’s 11th birthday at his house in the evening.  We had so much fun there!  He’s holding the over the door basketball hoop and balls we got him.  He really wanted this.  He had so much fun playing and was very good at making baskets.  Papa, Stacie and I tried playing, but we weren’t that good.  We need practice.  We sure had fun and got exercise though.
Kody opening his LED Alarm Clock from us
 
Stacie lighting his candles
 
He blew them all out
Papa, Kody and me
Nice picture Gayla sent me of their campsite in Florida

Bill had to go to Auburn to pick up a cord.  Then he picked up Olipop drinks from Kroger.  I went to Pat’s and got bread, lunchmeat, and cheese.  Bill got home right when I did.  He read his Bible.  Kimmy and Jacob got here at around 10:20.  I made them a cappuccino.  I made one for me too. We face timed with Kenzie and our sweetie Rehvyn.  It was so fun! Papa came in and  had regular Oreos and Jacob had mint Oreos.  
Jacob had a broken wire that was poking into his mouth and was painful.  He stopped at his Orthodontist yesterday, but the sign said they were closed because they were at a conference.  They weren’t open today either because of it being Friday.  I tried calling our friend who is an endodontist, to see if he could cut the wire, but he wasn’t in either.  Then I called my dentist and talked to the receptionist who was very nice and said they were booked full, but she would ask the dentist and see if he could do it and call me back.  We sure prayed.  I told her that Jacob had to go back to college Sunday and plays the clarinet.Kimmy and I went outside to watch Jacob and Bill by the fire working.  I took my phone out with me.  We sat for a while and visited, then I got a call back from the receptionist and she said we could come in at 1:45 and the dentist would take care of the wire.  We ate lunch.  Bill and I had ground bologna sandwiches, Kimmy had pot pie I got out of the freezer, and Jacob had a turkey, lettuce and cheese sandwich.  Melissa couldn’t come today because they are having 4 boys spend the night who are traveling from a different state and are in the choir/band and putting on a concert at Valley.  She was washing bedding and getting everything ready for them to stay.  I made some chocolate covered strawberries to have when we got home.

We got to my dentist at 1:45 and Jacob and Kimmy filled out the forms.  They realize they don’t have their new dental insurance cards, so Kimmy was a little worried at first.  She called Jared and he didn’t have one either.  He was going to call their dentist, but they are closed on Fridays.  The receptionist said she just needed the company and their SS number.  My friend Shiela, came into the waiting room.  She was cleaning for them and enjoying it.  She said they are all so nice and she can set her own hours.  The receptionist got everything all set up then and came and got Jacob and Kimmy to go back to the room.   Kimmy said when the dentist came in he said he would need to do a tooth extraction.  Jacob could tell he was joking and said that would work and then Kimmy got that he was joking.  They said he was really nice and after he was done and Jacob told him he went to MSU, he said, If you’re a Spartan, I’d better get my tools back out and do some more work.  He was being funny.  
He’s such a nice dentist and his office staff are all so nice too.  Jacob sure felt better when that was taken care of.  What a relief for all of us to know he wouldn’t have to go back to college in pain.  We all love that boy so much!   When they were in the room, I was getting nervous because I know Kimmy was supposed to leave by 2:15 to get Adam.  I called Bill and asked him to go get him.  Kimmy messaged me just then and said Jared was able to pick the boys up.  I called Bill back to tell him not to go.  Kimmy and Jacob came out and we came back to my house.  Kimmy and I walked around outside and looked at plants sprouting up.  So much fun.  It was in the mid 40’s and sunny.  We came in and Kimmy and I had the strawberries.  I asked Jacob if he wanted more Oreos and he said he already had some.  I’m glad he knows to help himself.  I got ready to go pick up Vikki’s kiddos because she was at a doctor appt.  Kimmy left right before me to go home.  I was just a little ways down our road when Vikki texted and said she was out and could get Peyton and Isaac.  I turned around and came back home.  We read our Bibles and devotions and then ate dinner.  At 6:30, we went to Stacie and DJ’s to celebrate Kody’s birthday.  He gave us big hugs when we got there.  He loved his gifts and was so polite when he opened them.  We sang Happy Birthday after he blew out his candles, then ate delicious cake.  Then Kody wanted DJ to put up his basketball hoop and he played the rest of the time we were there.  We played too.  We had so much fun.  We are so thankful to have them as part of our family. 

Melissa texted me and let me know the 4 boys and Jack and Evan were having so much fun playing ping pong in their basement.  It helped break the ice and gave them something to talk about.  We are so glad we gave them that ping pong table.  They sure use it lots and love it.  




 

No comments: