Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Tues., 3/19/24,, Went to Cracker Barrel, met Best Friend Vikki at Zehnders, Met Debbie and Matthew at G’s and she surprised me for my birthday and had the kids and grandkids that could come be there too

Best Friend forever, Vikki and I at Zehnder’s for our free birthday lunches
She wrapped my gifts just beautifully!  She is so talented at that!
Beautiful Solar Angel Garden stake she got me
Nice plant stand set she got me too
So nice to be able to spread them out.  They were getting pretty crowded.
Porch delivery on swing
Delicious and beautiful cookies from my wonderful other friend Vicki and her family
Birthday celebration Debbie had for me at G’s. 
Kimmy, Melissa, Debbie, Peyton, Eli, Jack, Matthew, dam, Isaac, me, Bill and Jared.  Vikki and Rody were there for a few minutes, but had to leave because Vikki’s Appreciation night for work was tonight and she had already given her RSVP

Bill met Charlie for coffee.  I got ready, then went to Cracker Barrel to buy some more wooden mushrooms.  I was happy this one had them too.  I met my friend Vikki at Zehnder's after that.  We got there when it wasn’t busy, and got a nice big booth.  They brought our appetizers right away.  We had the free birthday dinners which was family style chicken dinner.  We got sundaes for dessert too.  The food was all delicious.  We packed up lots of left overs for Vikki’s mom and dad.  She was going to see them afterwards.  They are in their 90’s and really liked getting the yummy food.  We both waited until we got home to open our gifts this time because the things she got me came in big boxes.  She followed me back.  I was telling Siri to call her when we got off the expressway and she was calling me at the same time.  We talked for a little while, then said our goodbyes.  She’s been my best friend for 54 years.  I met her 56 years ago. We worked at a tv station together.  That’s where I met Bill’s sister too, and eventually she introduced me to Bill.

When I got home, I opened her gifts.  Everything was so nice.  I took pictures and texted then to her and thanked her.  When she got home, about 2 1/2 hours away, she opened her gifts and sent me a picture and a thank you text.

I relaxed in my recliner and Bill relaxed in his for about an hour.  Vikki called and I talked to her for a while.  After that, we got ready and went and met Debbie and Matthew at G’s.  We saw Kimmy, Jared, Adam, Eli, Melissa, and Jack walking in the parking lot.  I panicked for a minute thinking Bill might have planned a big party which I’m not a big party person, so I asked him if he did.  He said no (whew).  Vikki, Rody and the twins were inside with Debbie and Matthew.  Debbie decided to surprise me and have them all come for pizza and cupcakes too.  She treated us all.  She is so generous and thoughtful.  Jacob and Hailey were at college, Evan had play practice, Tom was in Florida,  Bruce had to take Max somewhere and Kenzie has a long drive to get there so they weren’t there.  We sure had a great time and the food was delicious.  Most important was that Bill was able to anoint Debbie with oil and pray for healing for her according to the Word of God and we as a family agreed in prayer too.   We were very happy when we talked to Jared tonight that his mom was heading home from the hospital.  We are praising and thanking God!

We came home, I read my Bible and did my devotions, then worked on my blog.  

No comments: