Thursday, March 7, 2024

Thurs., 3/7/24, We got the drop in stove out, vent over the stove out too. Cleaned and ready for guy to come work this afternoon,

Stove is out
Vent is out and cupboard doors are off
I texted with my friend Gayla who is in Florida and she sent me this picture of her by the orange tree.  She said they smell amazing!

A couple of memories came up of us in Florida with Wes and Gayla.  We were outside by. the fire pit at night eating strawberry shortcake.  Wonderful memory!

Me and my sweet Peyton
Such a beautiful happy granddaughter


I got up at 8 and got ready.  Had my oatmeal and cappuccino for breakfast.  We read our Bibles and devotionals, than we worked on getting the stove vent out.  One bolt was a little stubborn, but after prayer and Bill’s hard work, it came out.  After that, we got the stove out.  I cleaned everything good once they were out.  Bill took off the cupboard doors of the two cabinets we are replacing.  We will use them on the new cabinets so they match our other ones.  

I did some research on a Caphilon roaster I have had for a while and it looks like I will be making a turkey in it for Thanksgiving.  Lots of great reviews and they say, it’s so easy to make the gravy afterwards because of the big rack.  

Kevin was supposed to get here at 4:30, but called and said he was going to be late.  Vikki and Peyton came over to be here because Bill and I had to go to a fundraising dinner for The Rock, a wonderful program that goes into schools and helps youth and teaches them to be respectful, confident, giving, responsible young people.  It was amazing to see all of these youth serving us, speaking and sharing what The Rock has meant in their lives.  Kevin didn’t show up til after 8. We got home before he came.  He had a blowout on his trailer.  He looked at everything and is going to pick up what he needs for the electrical tomorrow.  He is also going to take our cupboards to his shop and see if he can just cut them down to the size we need, so we can take the ones we bought back.  The ones we have are solid birch and he wants to try to save them.  We were happy about that.  He is coming tomorrow at noon and will do the electrical and then put our stove and microwave in.  

Kimmy is coming in the morning, and she, Melissa and I are going to Walmart to get our over the counter stuff. I think Vikki is coming after she gets out of work too.  Looking forward to another day to hang out together.


No comments: