Monday, August 19, 2024

Monday, 8/19/24, Went to U of M to get stitches out, stopped at Chick fil A, on our way home, set up therapy, did hand exercises

Stitches in then stitches our below
Custom splint Julianne made me
We got to stop and eat at Chic fil A on our way home

We got to U of M in Brighton for my surgery follow up appt. early.  I had pre registered so got in right away.  The doctor said the incision looked great.  He started taking stitches out.  
When he pulled the stitch up to cut it it hurt pretty bad, but I could stand it so I didn’t say anything.  Then he told me he was going to get his assistant to come finish the rest because she was really god at taking tiny stitches out.  He held the light and she did the rest and it didn’t hurt.   I went out to check out, and then they set up an appointment for an hour later to come back and have a splint made.  We went to Marshalls to walk around but didn’t get anything.  We went back and I checked in and got in right away.  I watched as Julianne measured and molded and put velcro on my custom made splint she made.  Pretty interesting to watch. She had me make a fist and said I was a rock star when she saw how far my fingers would bend in.  Here I thought I was getting rid of my splint and then I got a longer stiffer splint.  it is designer with the purple velcro though lol.I told her I couldn’t wait to see Bill’s face when he saw that.  I was right about his face and should have taken a picture.  He said what’s that for????  We headed home and talked to Vikki, Melissa and Kimmy om our way.  Poor Adam has to wait for 2 weeks to have his MRI.  The doctor was pretty sure the Meniscus was torn and thought maybe the ACL was injured too.  Sure am praying for my sweet grandson.  I called to set up therapy near hour house and was happy they can get me in tomorrow already.  We stopped at Chic Fil A on our way home. The drive thru must have had 25 cars at least in it, all the way around the building.  We went inside and there were about 5 people ahead of us, but it moved fast and about 5 minutes later they came to our table with our meals.  Yum! The food was so good!  I can wait til they are finished building ours here. 

I did my hand exercises when I got home, then again in the evening.
I texted with my sister Brenda,  with Adam and with Maddy.  Also texted Jeannie’s son Paul, to see how her hip surgery went today.  She came up to have us pray for her yesterday at church.  She is a sweet person and friend. 


 

No comments: