Wednesday, August 14, 2024

W ed., 814/24, Happy Birthday to our dear friend Joel! Did laundry, took meal to Sue, went to Visit Barb, drove past Hailey’s apartment for college, went to 5 guys, drove in Outdoor adventures new campground, watered garden


Happy Birthday Joel! We love you!
Bill and Max had fun target shooting
We had a great time visiting our friend Barb today
Bill, Barb and I!  We love this s sweet friend!

We drove through one of the newer Outdoor Adventures.  It was so nice.  We will have to plan a stay there.

I had my coffee with one of the cookies Bill made for the party.  We read our Bibles.  Bill picked Max up and brought him here to hang out and practice shooting.  I read up on my washer and washed two blankets.  It sure is fast and does a great job getting it clean and spinning it almost dry.  The dryer works great and is fast too! What a difference from the ones I had.  I sold my Maytags and bought these ones that Rody’s mom bought.  Vikki and Rody already had a great set when they moved into hr house, so where these were new we figured they would be better.  Ours were 12 years old and someone still bought the set for $450.  Right away I knew the Maytags were far better and faster.  Bill just decided he wanted Maytag again so found  this pair.  He didn’t realize the washer was a GE until he got home and I showed him.  They match really well.  I looked up the GE and it gets 5 star reviews and is quick and efficient just like my Maytag was.  It is a joy to do laundry again!

I took some stuffed peppers, a baked potato and some corn to Sue and dropped off 4 protein drink 15 packs for her.  She put them two at a time on her walker and waled them up the ramp to their house.  I couldn’t help because of my hand.  I did open the boxes for her with my left hand though because they were hard to open.

When I got home, we left to go visit Barb, our friend who is battling cancer.  We split a Butterfinger and had some red licorice on the way.  The place she is in is so nice and she gets such great care she said.  She was so sweet and kept talking about the goodness of the Lord and giving Him the glory for everything He has done.  What a joy to be around her.  Jeannie who goes to church with Barb came there too because she knows us from when Kimmy and Vikki were 2 and Melissa was 4 1/2.  Long time!  We had a great visit with her,  then she left and we visited another hour with Barb.  What a treasured time it was!  We hugged and said our goodbyes, then left.  We ate at 5 Guys and the burgers, fries and peanuts were the best!  We drove through Outdoor Adventures to see what they have done too it sine we were there last time.  Then we headed home.  What a fun day!

I watered the garden in the evening, put pool weekly maintenance in the pool and ran the filter, gave Kit Kat some attention, and then came in to work on my blog.



 

No comments: