Wednesday, August 21, 2024

thurs, 8/22/24, Kimmy, Jared and Eli took Jacob to move into his dorm at MSU., I went to therapy, Bill mowed the lawn, I picked Adam up, we went to Culver’s, then I took him to Covenant for his MRI o m his left leg, Kimmy and Jared came over, Jared and Eli helped Bill put a new roof vent on the motor home,

Adam relaxing
Eli, Jared and Bill after working on the fan vent in the motorhome
Jared and Bill

Hand progress....Therapist removed all the dead skin and my hand looks so much better

Jacob and Abi....Jacob moved into his new dorm today.  Kimmy, Jared, Eli and Abi helped move him in.  I sure am going to miss him and am looking forward to visiting him and taking him and Abi out to eat.
Jacob and his new room mate at college

I got up early, got ready and did my therapy home exercises.  Then I ate breakfast and had my coffee.  

Kimmy, Jared and Eli took Jared to move into his dorm today.  They left early because Jacob had a music audition today.  He asked for prayer because he was nervous about it, but was the first one to audition, and let Kimmy know he did great and she let us know.  I was so happy to hear that.  

I went to therapy.  Paige pulled the old black skin off my incision and it sure looked better afterward.  I learned some more home exercises and practiced them.  She is so nice and so knowledgeable.  Bill was mowing the grass when I left.  He was finished by the time I got home.  I picked Adam up after school at the Dollar Store and took him to Culver’s.  All he wanted was a concrete mixer, so we both had one and sat there and ate it.  It was so cold in there, we couldn’t wait to get outside in the sun to warm up.  We laughed about that.  We went to Covenant and parked, then walked in for his MRI.  He isn’t using crutches.  He did say the pain was a 7 and now it is a 4.  We sat and waited and finally after about 1/2 hour they called him back.  When he came out he told me he fell asleep a few times while he was having it done.  He’s so cute!  We got to our house and Kimmy, Eli and Jared were coming there to pick him up.  I started making spaghetti so they could eat with us.  They got here and Jared wanted to help Bill put the new fan vent in the motorhome roof.  Eli, Jared and Bill went out and were all working on it.  Kimmy helped me with opening jars, scraping the sauce into the dish, straining the noodles, and whatever I couldn’t do because of my right hand being out of commission.  We let the guys know it was ready, and they came in and we all ate.  Then they finished working on what had to be done with the vent and we all sat out on the deck visiting.  It was so much fun.  Then Kenzie called and came over while Kimmy, Jared and the boys were there too.  We all loved seeing her and Rehvyn.  Rehvyn was just so cute.  We all took turns holding him and enjoying this fun stage he’s in.  He just makes you smile when you look at him.  Kimmy and family left, then Kenzie, Rehyvy and I went to Melissa’s.  We wanted to see Hailey before she leaves for college on Saturday.  Hailey was super happy to hear Rehvyn was coming.  Everybody there was happy to see Rehvyn too and hold him.  I got some good hugs from Hailey to hold me over til I get to go see her with Melissa.  I can’t wait to see her apartment.  We will take her out to eat and spend time with her too.  What a fun day and lots accomplished again today that needed to get done.   






 

No comments: