Monday, January 24, 2022

Monday, 1/24/22, Kimmy and Adam came over, Vikki, Isaac and Peyton came too, Bill picked Eli up at 1 and brought him here because roads were slippery

 

Eli, Isaac, Adam, Peyton, me and Bill
Eli, Isaac, Adam, Peyton and me
We lose a person each time.....actually we added a person each time, but this posted the pictures in reverse order for some reason and I didn't feel like changing them
Isaac and Kit-Kat....she got spoiled more today
Bill had to leave the garage door open while he did the snowplowing, so we brought Kit-Kat in and spent time with her.  We tried her in this cage for a while.
Adam giving her attention while she was in the cage

It was very cold and snowy in the morning.  Adam said he and his mom were still coming.  It took an hour for her to drive here because the roads were slippery and Kimmy drives cautiously, which I am thankful for.  I got the bread maker going so we would have homemade bread.  I started reading my Bible, and then they got here.  I was happy they were safe and sound.  Vikki and the kids got here right after Kimmy, Adam and I started a 3-13 game.  Poor Adam got stuck with 50 points in the last hand, so I ended up winning.  We had been really close before that happened.  Kimmy said she had to drive back and pick Eli up from school early to bring him back here for a dentist appointment.  Bill was sweet and said he would drive his truck and pick Eli up from school. Kimmy was very happy and thankful and so was I.  I am thankful Bill is such a caring dad.  Adam, Vikki, Kimmy, Peyton and I all enjoyed playing Phase 10 together on our phones.  It's the first time I have played a game on my phone with someone.  I won quite a few times at that.  It must have been my day!  It sure was nice spending time with Adam on his day off.  Eli, Peyton and Isaac had fun with the kitty in the basement.  They like to have her chase a ping pong ball.
She loves the attention.  We ate fried egg and bacon sandwiches and also had some chicken noodle casserole for lunch.  The bread was still warm and yummy.  Bill got back home with Eli shortly before we had to leave for his appt.  Kimmy drove us all to it, and Vikki, Kimmy and I played Phase 10 while Eli got a tooth pulled (ouch it was in shards Eli said and I told him Schaard is my last name lol)  He got his teeth cleaned too and did great.  No cavities.  We had lots of time to play Phase 10 while we drank our cappuccinos (Kimmy stopped and we each got one before the appointment).  It was still snowing when we came back outside.  Still slippery, but Kimmy did a great job driving.  When we got home, we finished the Anne of Green Gables we had started when they were here before, and then we started part 2 which we will have to continue watching next time.  We had popcorn when it said Intermission, and it was time to put the next video in.  Kimmy and the boys headed for home, so they could get there before dark.  After about 5-10 minutes, I noticed Eli's clarinet and music book was by the chair.  I called Kimmy and caught her while she was still at the McDonalds in Freeland getting Eli a Frappe.  I told her I would bring it to her if she waited there.  Well, I got my coat, hat, mittens and the keys to Bill's truck and headed down our road.  I realized before I got to the corner that I didn't have the clarinet.  I called Bill so he would have it by the door for me, then backed up to our driveway which was quite a ways.  
As I was heading to McDonald's, I tried to call Kimmy, but just then it came through on Bill's truck to accept a call from Kimmy. She was getting worried about me.  I told her what happened and let her know I was almost there.  I pulled in next to her, she got the stuff, then I had her pull out first so she could get home faster.  I was happy when I got Adam's text that they were on Stark Rd., then another one saying they were home.  What a blessing Adam is with texting.  Vikki and the kids had left right after Kimmy, but she didn't let me know when she was home because she forgot.  I texted her and was glad they were home safe too.  My friend Vicki B. texted me the obituary for me to read before changes were made to see if I saw anything that needed to be added or changed.  We messaged back and forth, then she sent me the final obituary that was posted on the Funeral Home page.  Such a hard thing for her to be doing.  I sure pray for her lots. Melissa called me, and Bruce talked to the roofer.  He is sick with Covid right now and so are others in his family.  He was super nice though, and as soon as he's better, he said his company will take care of everything.  He is thinking it is a vent issue and not the roof causing the water, but is sending a team over to look and make sure.  They will seal the vent/vents and then fix everything as soon as he's better.  Melissa was so happy that it went so well.  I am sure happy for her and Bruce.  I texted with Adam some more and sent Max some jokes.  I sent them to Vikki and Adam too.  I laughed, so I knew they would.  

No comments: