Sunday, January 16, 2022

Sunday, 1/16/22, Happy Birthday to friend Gayla, Went to Motorcycle Museum, American Pickers Shops and Buffalo Bill’s Museum

Our hotel when we left this morning 
Me in front of the museum 
Bill wanted a picture of me by the CMA vest
Bill, Lucy, Al, Jerry and Sandy under where a CMA vest is displayed 

Bill as Evel Knievel

 Bill by 1948 Motorcycle 

Here’s what I wanted to ride but it said do not touch
Bill’s first motorcycle was like the black one he’s in front of only it was the color of the orange one next to him.

The only 1949 motorcycle I found. They had lots of 1948’s

Two seater motorbike for Bill and I
Motorcycle a lady sold to American Pickers.  They put it in the museum will all her husband had to go with it.  She did tell the it couldn’t be placed next to a Harley.

This all came with it

Thought of Kimmy and Jared when I saw this.  Weird it was in a motorcycle museum 

Bill and I on iron motorcycle 



 Al, Lucy, Sandy,Jerry, me and Bill.
Bill at the Motorcycle Museum. 
Almost to the driveway of our hotel on the Mississippi River 
View of Mississippi River out our hotel lobby window 


American Pickers two stores on the same property 
American Pickers Store down the street from our hotel

Bill with pillow from where he was stationed.  He kind of wanted it but I thought it was ugly and besides was $45.


We thought of Jacob and Eli when we saw these clarinets today in the museum. Wow 1917
Love this picture we saw today 

We left our motel at 8, after our morning reading and breakfast.  We followed Al, Lucy, Jerry and Sandy to Anamosa to go to the motorcycle museum.  We watched/listened our Church service on the way. We walked through part of it, walked across the parking lot and had lunch at a Subway.  Then we went back in and finished going through the rest of the museum.  It was fun seeing all those motorcycles and the changes over the years.  We went to LeClaire, Iowa after that and went through the two American Picker Stores.  Fun , but their stuff was super expensive.  Didn’t see anything I wanted though.  I did by a tiny surprise item though.  We went to our hotel and relaxed for a while, then all met for dinner.  Had a nice time.  Bill and I called Gayla to wish her Happy Birthday! We had a nice talk! I am blessed with many dear friends! Our National Evangelist’s wife messaged me to let me know they were home.  We texted for a while.  She is such a sweet person.  Julie texted me to see if we were home.  They were supposed to ride with us, but got exposed to COVID, so didn’t go.  Another friend texted me for prayer because there were many tornadoes spotted in Florida.  A couple did touch down, but it was before it reached their place. Her husband was in Iowa with us and was flying home.  All was well with them! Thank You Lord. 


1 comment:

Vikki's Blog said...

I love all the pictures. Love the one of you and dad on the motorcycle and your camel ride haha Looks like your having a fun time. We sure are missing you guys!