Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Wed., 1/19/22, MELISSA SURPRISED US AND DROVE TO OUR HOUSE TONIGHT. THANK YOU LORD! JACOB MADE THE VICE PRESIDENT'S LIST

 

Yay, Melissa drove to our house tonight!!!!  Can't express how joyful I am or how much this means to my heart.  God is so GREAT! 
Melissa, Bruce, Jack and Evan
Jack in the snowblower, Evan, Melissa and Bruce  on the side
Evan in the snowblower

Paperwhites when Kimmy planted them for me on January 8
Took this picture of them yesterday, 10 days later

Bill helped take the bedding off and I washed it.  Started walking on the treadmill again.  Only did a mile today and will continue that this week.  Next week will walk 2 miles.  Had my oatmeal, coffee, and also two chocolate chip cookies.  I started dough for rolls in the bread maker.  Talked to Kimmy for a while and got caught up on what's been going on.  Bill helped me get the bed made back up.  Jacob texted me that he made the Vice President's List at Delta.  I am so proud of him!  He is a great kid and is very diligent about working on his school work.  We talked to Marie, then talked to Roy in the hospital today.  We prayed for him too, before he had to go get a tube put in to keep fluid away from his gallbladder.  He needs his appetite to improve and needs to get stronger, but otherwise is doing better.  I made the rolls (Charlie had told Bill he would trade me cookies for some of my rolls).  I told Bill to tell him I would just make the rolls for him, no  cookies needed.  I dropped them off warm to him and Sue, along with some chocolate chip cookies and he was so happy.  I was just as happy!  When I got home, the dough I made for pizza for Bill and I was ready, so I made pizza's for us.  He had to go to the Marine Corp League meeting.  When he got home, he came in asking me if I got Melissa text and telling me to hurry because Melissa was in the driveway.  It felt like he was in a panic, he was rushing me so.  I put my shoes and coat on fast and went outside.  Melissa, Bruce, Jack and Evan were on the front porch and I came out the big garage door.  I told them to come get out of the wind and I moved to the back of the garage.  Melissa was very excited because she drove here and it felt good and easy for her to drive.  I was so excited too!  Also she wasn't wearing braces and was walking good.  It was funny too, because she had my tennis shoes I had let her use for the loco mat when she was in rehab.  We forgot about those shoes.  She is so happy to have those shoes that fit so well and I am so happy for tonight that I would give her ten pair.  I had told her way back then, she could keep them if she wanted.  This is the best surprise!  I feel just like I did the last time back in 2003 when she came riding down the road in the campground on her two wheel bike and surprised me.  My heart is overflowing with joy and I am crying tears of happiness and thankfulness to the Lord.  I love Melissa so much and I always see the faith she has in God in her actions.  Found out my brother John died on the 15th of this month, his birthday.  He was born on January 15, was married on January 15 and died on January 15.  He was pretty much a loner, so I Bill saw it in the obituaries and that's how we found out.  He did start going to a good church and got his certificate of ministry a couple of years ago, so I am thankful he put his trust in Jesus.  I am sad that he died so young and
I'm keeping his wife, Rose, in prayer.  

2 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

That is so awesome!!! I just talked to Melissa and almost cried. Praise God, He sure knows how to surprise us while using her. I love it!

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

We are all feeling the same joy and love and thankfulness. So thankful for such a close caring family. We are so blessed to have each other and be able to share with each other and pray for each other. God has done great things always!