Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Tues., 1/11/22, Picked Adam, Eli and Jacob up from school, picked up McDonalds, Kimmy and Jared came over, went to Vikki and Rody's for dinner

 

Busy back yard off the deck this morning...nuthatch going down the tree
Cardinal waiting to eat
Peter rabbit munching
Squirrel eating on the ground, Woody in the tree
Eli with the new lamb and me
Eli with me holding the lamb...its so sweet and cute
Best picture of the lamb, but Eli's face was hidden
Eli bring Bo to meet Papa Bill
Papa Bill and Eli.  Papa's first time meeting Bo!  He gave him a good treat too!


Picture of all the sheep Bill took

Kimmy and Jared in their new Honda Civic.  It's so nice!  They stopped to show us and let Bill drive us around the block.  It rides so nice and is so comfy.  They sure are going to enjoy this car!  Great on gas too!  
Side view of Kimmy and Jared in their car....sunset  reflecting off the shiny car.
Bill, me, Peyton and Isaac...Vikki had us over for delicious meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls. We were so full afterwards.  Thank you Vikki!  We watched a Medicine Woman episode after we ate.
Bill, me, and Peyton
Vikki gave me a new 8x10 picture of Kenzie  (upper right).  It's beautiful!  Thanks Vikki!

Bill took the trash and recycling out.  I made our coffee.  I had oatmeal (shhhhh) and he had noisy cereal lol!!!  Stacie called and we had a nice talk.  I put her on speaker and Bill joined our conversation.  We read our Bibles afterward.  Then we went to find a basket at Goodwill.  We had stopped and I found one at Dollar General, but it was $11 and I figured I could find one like new at Goodwill for much cheaper.  I was happy when we found a nice big one that's perfect for the Military basket we are filling for the RFS auction.  It was only $3.59 too, so a much better price.  We went to Meijer to get candy for the basket too.  It's all set now.  We also picked up tablecloths to decorate our Michigan table when we get there.  Just have to pack tomorrow.  On our way home, Kimmy called and they were picking up their car, but had to wait for them to check why the tire sensor was lit up and air was leaking from the tire.  They needed us to pick up the Adam from school, which we, of course, were happy to do.  Then it was taking longer, so she needed us to go pick up the other boys after Adam.  We picked up Adam first.  I picked a number (6) and told Adam whoever got the closest to my number between him and Jacob, would get to sit in the front seat.  He picked 5 and I thought, wow that close poor Jacob doesn't stand a chance.  I didn't tell Adam he was close though.  We picked up Eli next, then Jacob.  I told Jacob to pick a number and he picked 6.  He was the winner.  I had fun sitting the the back between Adam and Eli.  We did a lot of laughing and had so much fun.  We took them to McDonalds and picked up food and drinks.  Bummer, nothing with ice cream was available today, so they couldn't get their shakes.  We got out on the road, prayed and Jacob started to pass out the food.  Eli was missing his hamburger.  We had to cross the busy road (from school traffic) and go back and get the missing burger.  We headed to their house and ate on the way.  We laughed again because Eli and Adam couldn't have a cup holder because I was sitting against it folded up.  Kimmy and Jared were going to meet us at McDonald's but the sensor light came on again.  They called the dealer and were told to take it to the nearest Honda Dealer which was in Bay City, have the fix it and the dealer would cover it.  

We got to their house and went in so we could see the car when Kimmy and Jared came home.  We worked on that really hard puzzle with all of the faces they have been working on.  It sure is a hard one.  They have quite a bit of it done now.  I did find 3 pieces after quite a long time looking for them.  Eli, Papa Bill and I went outside so Papa could meet Bo for the first time.  We couldn't get the door to the barn open, so Eli took us around the outside of the barn (brrrr) and we came in the back way.  Eli got treats for Bo and then went and got him out of the lean too.  We all gave Bo treats and Bill thought he was a pretty nice horse too.  It was so much fun petting him. It was super windy and very cold.  I don't know how Eli could stand it without gloves. I took mine off for just a minute to take pictures and they were freezing cold afterward.  We went in the barn and Bill fixed the door that wouldn't open for us, then we went in and saw the new lamb.  It is sooo cute and very sweet.  It's momma was really nice too.  Bill took some pictures, then we went back in the house.  Worked on the puzzle a little longer with the boys, then decided to leave because Kimmy said they were still working on the car.  They found out the rim wasn't sealed right and got it fixed properly.  We were just getting to Freeland when Kimmy called to see where we were because they were by Mackinaw Rd. and U.S. 10.  They decided to come to our house and show us the car.  We even got to got for a drive around the block.  It is very nice, comfortable, lots of great features, great color inside and out, and a sunroof.  We are sure happy for them!  Amazing too, because they paid $500 for their other car, and traded it in and got $500.  You can't beat driving a car for 7 years and getting what you paid for it.  
After they left, Vikki called to see if we wanted to come for meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  
We went and it was the most delicious meal!!!  She cooks just like my grandma Daisy who was the best cook ever!  We visited and watched a Medicine woman episode.  Such a fun night.  When we got home, we packed stuff we have to take to Iowa.  Melissa called and we had a good long talk.  I am so thankful I am so close with all of my girls.  I sure love my family!

2 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

Wow you had a busy day! Im so glad you...and dad...came over. Its always fun sharing a homecooked meal with you guys. Time with both of you is my favorite!!! Sorry Isaac was so hyper! ugh! And sorry my dogs love you so much lol

Vikki's Blog said...

O and I love Kimmy and Jareds new car! How nice for them!!! Cant wait to see it in person!