Saturday, January 29, 2022

Sat. 1/29/22, Bill, Hailey and I went to Snowfest, then to Coco Loco


Kit-Kat by the fire warming up
Hailey with her guitar fly swatter.  I asked her to send me a selfie and then I couldn't pick between them so put both on


Hailey by Papa Bill's brick in Frankenmuth
Papa Bill, Hailey and me

Hailey in front of one of the snow sculptures
Hailey

Bill and I at Coco Loco
Kit-Kat loves being spoiled

It was one degree out when I got up.  Bill met with Rich Dudek for breakfast.  I made oatmeal for breakfast, had mint tea with it, then did my Bible reading and prayer time.  I put on good worship music which I always love.  Bill had told me he wanted to go to Frankenmuth to the Snowfest today.  I texted with Hailey and told her we were going and said she was welcome to come with us.  She texted me back ooo yea I want to go with you guys.  She's so cute!  I called Bill to find out what time we were going to leave our house, so I could let Hailey know.  I gave Kit-Kat attention by the fireplace and let her warm up.  I love how she purrs.  Bill got home and read his Bible.  I put on 3 layers on the bottom and 3 layers on the top.  I could hardly get my coat on, but managed.  Had a warm neck thing on, a warm hat and my mittens Kimmy made me from Blanch.  I also dug out my really warm boots and put them on with two pair of socks on my feet.  It was 18 degrees out when we left.  We were happy to see Hailey.  We gave her a guitar fly swatter we got for her at the American Pickers Store in Iowa.  She loves playing guitar so when we saw it we thought it would be a funny surprise.  She laughed and thanked us.  We got to Frankenmuth, and Bill told me we were parking at Jeff and Debbie's and they were walking with us. That was a long walk to get to where the snow sculptures were.  We looked at Hailey when she got out of the car and Bill asked her if she wasn't wearing socks.  We could see her bare legs between her shoes and her rolled up jeans.  Kids!  They don't dress warm, even if you tell them to because it's going to be very cold.  I told her she should unroll her jeans one roll to cover her ankles.  She did.  We walked and after quite a ways, I asked Hailey if she wanted to go into a store and warm up.  She did!  We walked until we got to Abby's store which is a favorite of ours, Melissa's, and Debbie's.  We walked around and then when I thought of socks, I told Hailey to pick out a pair and she could put them on in the store.  We found some Wool-O socks and Debbie said she had a pair of those and liked them.  They had some nice thick ones, but they wouldn't fit in the tiny tennis shoes that Hailey had on.  They did have a medium thickness pair, so we got them.  The girl checking us out asked Hailey if she was going to just put them on in the store.  (Must be lots of people did that lol)  We told her yes and she took them out of the packaging and handed them to Hailey.  Hailey put them on right away and we both felt better.  They kept her warm, and I felt better not worrying about her.  We walked around and saw the sculptures, but there were no really good ones this year.
Most of them, we couldn't even tell what they were supposed to be.  We walked down by the ice skating rink, watched them clear the ice of with the zamboni.  Walked through Bronners, and while everyone else went to the bathroom, I took Hailey into the doll store and showed her where she adopted her baby doll, Cassie, when she was little.  She loved seeing all the babies in the bassinets and we both loved the special memory we had of her picking out her baby.  I must say, she loved Cassie so much, I got my moneys worth.  What a fun and special memory that day is and will always be.  We walked through town on the other side and went into a coffee shop.  It's machines weren't up yet, but he said he could make us some cocoa and coffee.  We decided we would just go down the road to Tim Hortons.  We got there and found out they closed at 2.  The drive through was open, but we were on foot.  
We walked a block and were back at Debbie and Jeff's house.  We said our goodbyes, then we left and decided to go to Coco Loco's, Hailey and my favorite Mexican Restaurant....  Bill's too now.  We had fun there, then we took Hailey home and we headed home.  Bill and I finished the movie, The Hiding Place, then watched a Biography of Corrie Ten Boom on Amazon Prime.  What an amazing woman of faith and love she was.  Adam sent me a picture of his new bedroom being built.  He's so happy and I am super happy for him.  It's going to be so nice for him.  He also sent me a picture of two lambs (a set of triplets were born, but one didn't make it).  The two are so cute!  Kimmy and Jared's lambs like to come on the coldest days.  I had a nice talk with Melissa.  I love my family!

No comments: